Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
It's not that Kronenbourg White beer is it? I know you said Germans were drinking it, and it being a French beer, but maybe they have a similar type beer.

When I tried it (Kronenbourg White), it tasted like lager with a hint of lemon or some other citrus fruit. Disgusting in my opinion...always been a lager drinker and nothing else!

If no joy from this site, then look out for local beer festivals - I'm fairly sure you'll come across something similar, if not the very one, at one of those events.
Hello again.

It didn't happen to be a beer called Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier by any chance? Apparently a top German white beer...
Definately not Kronenburg!

It was really nice - opaque in appearance - will try that one - are slowly going through them all - I bring them home from shopping and hubby says that's not it by the label on bottle! But trys them anyway! Nothing up to the standard as yet!

Thanks for the help - know of any stockists in uk?
If it's of any use. I used to live in Bavaria which is the heartland of WeissBier. The top brand, and one you get in Alcudia some times, is Erdinger.
Was it bottled or draft?

Some hotels in Alcudia serve 'Franziskaner', and they deliver a lot in Alcudia area. It could be this...it has a picture of a monk on the label.

signed, the beer geek. 8)
Was in a Brown bottle! Beautiful! Only found it in the german bar - thanks
brown bottle?

as before, Franziskaner is on brown bottle (with the monk picture).

My favourite one available in UK is Schneider Weisse, also brown bottle, with white label containing blue writing and picture of the brewery on it.

Both verrrry nice :lol: (especially Shneider Weisse) and available in Asda etc.

Should go into web beer shop such as beersofeurope.co.uk or beerritz.co.uk and search German beers--you will probably recognise it there, as pictures available.

:wink:
Have tried the weistephaner - very nice - trying the Erdinger tonight!

Husband says it had a yellow label!

We shall continue to sample the german weiss beer!
Could perhaps be Leffe or even Hoegaarten which are belgian beers. I think they both have yellow labels and are cloudy white beers, with a citrus aftertaste!

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Think we may have found it prinzeregent luipold - not sure whether spelt that right!

Will get a bottle and sample - hee hee! :shock:

If any one going to Alcudia - if they could pop in and double check would be grateful!
well done .
Just to let you know Schofferhoffer (spelling?) also has yellow label.
I will check for you when in Alcudia at the end of June.

Hope you enjoy sampling them all, thats part of the fun :oops: :lol: 8) :o :D :shock: :wink: :P
Thanks Shoestring - what a fab thing to have on your holiday to-do-list!

Hope you have a fab time - my mum's in Cala D'or at the mo - having fantastic time - weather glorious!!!! 8) :wink:
Has anybody heard from Shoestring - is he back from his hols?

Just wondered if he'd managed to try the German Bar out in Alcudia = ref his earlier post :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.