Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi,

It's certainly easy to negotiate for a taxi for the whole day - whether it's affordable or not depends on how many of you there are. As a rough rule of thumb I've found that if there are 2 of you the cost generally works out the same as if you had gone on one the organised coach trips but with added convenience and personal service and byt the time there are 3 of you it works out much cheaper per head. It's also easy to hire a car for the day and arrange for it to be dropped off at your hotel - for an extra tip - 10D the last time I did it - the drop off driver was happy to chaufuer you around for the day. The overall costs are about roughly the same as a taxi for the day.

However, the one thing I would advise you NOT to do is hire a car and drive yourself. Once you are away from the moterway toll roads, conditions can be bad on Tunisian back roads and Tunisian drivers really are something else. They all play this game of chicken where they drive down the middle of the road - where the potholes are least in evidence - and then see who loses their nerve and swerves to the righthand side of the road first! Oh, yes, and if there are speed limits no one seems to observe them!

SM
Cheers for that - traffic sounds a bit like Cairo on a quiet day..... :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.