General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I confess I would rather put up with the beer belly than go to the gym . I'm always at slimming club and I can cope with that but I tried the gym once and gave up after 2 sessions. :rofl
I normally go to the gym twice a week, Zumba once a week, and sqaush once a week. I haven't been to the gym since Christmas but have been going to Zumba and playing squash. I intend to start back at the gym on Monday. I see the difference immediately when I stop going.
Hello,

I personally cannot stand the gym, it is a waste of money for me as I really do not have the time with work and children.

I am on weight watchers, which costs around 10 pounds per month for the online membership, and i have lost 9lbs in 3 weeks, through just changing my eating habits.

The best form of exercise is walking, and best of all it's free :)
Walk to work rather than drive. Or if it's too far, park further away from work and walk the rest of the way.

My son has an xbox kinect, and I have bought a few fitness games, which actually shows you how many calories you are burning, and you have your own virtual personal trainer.

By the time i've packed my gym stuff, drove to the gym and got ready, I could have had over 30 minutes on the xbox kinect, and burnt more than 200 calories.
hi there joe...........I am a regular member at my local gym, presently attending twice a week. Your idea of 4 times per week is good but perhaps best achieved over several months, before 4 times a week .......

this post is really to bring to mind something that folks seem to forget in their excercise........Stretching !!both before and after excercise. This will be perhaps the main reason for non attendance if not done on the days you attend...........for myself i prefer the gym in that while in a group of others, I dont want to let myself down so to speak, in front of others. I am refereing of course to circuit training. 35/40 mins of excercise along with others doing a variety of excercises in a non stop manner..............get your body warmed up before excercise, and indeed cooled down after...............the idiots are the ones who dont , then wonder why they hurt them selves so easily.

PS...........Im a pensioner and therefore no financial cost on my visits
all the best in your endeavours in loosing weight and keeping fit.

Harry
I am a gym junkie. I go Mon-Fri every week (unless it's closed Xmas etc.) I aim to do 50-70 mins cv work every morning. Upper body weights 2/3 times a week and lower body 2 twice.

gentleharry is right about stretching - but don't static stretch cold muscles when warming up. They don't stretch. Dynamic stretching is better, or just build your cv work up gradually until warm. Static is ok as part of a warm down once you've worked out.
There is a UK athletics sprints coach and a sprinter in our house, I have to try to keep up :rofl
Hi gentleharry

At the moment now doing 90-120 min cardo exercises, bike, rowing, and treadmill, swimming in an effort to improve my health, after a few weeks then I move on to weights, now been doing this for 4 weeks and have lost some weight, and my stamina has improve

Plan here is to loose weight for holiday, continuer when I come back, and aim for the london olympic marathon

I always look forward to going to the gym
I don't go to the gym but just step up my running about 6 weeks before I go but I'm still don't end up as thin as I'd like to be. :-?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.