Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi there i have just stumbled across your post so i hope its not too late. i got married in zante in june 2003 but it was with argo we holidayed through kosmar though. we actually got married on tsilivi beach with 22 guests who all stayed at different accomodations and it was fantastic i would do it again and again!!! the town hall does look like a nice venue and you will get some lovely photos as the harbour is right next to the hall.with regards to paperwork we had no problems just make sure you read when to do them all as some have to be done and still in date for the wedding. we arranged all our transport and drinks etc. with the argo rep during our first week of our holiday. i took artificial flowers and bouquet as i knew real ones wouldnt last and it was great as everyone had a keepsake. they were beautiful i asked for orchids for the ladies and carnations for the men and i had a mixture of both which they entwined ivy and diamantes to and the ladies orchid also had diamantes and wrist bands attached. hope this helps ! goodluck lindsay.
Hello, I am also going to be staying at Iberotar Plagos Beach Hotel. We are going on the 21st September 08 and are also getting married there! We have used Thomas Cook who have sent us a wedding package to help us with the paperwork.
We have been given a leaflet for the services of an approved Greek consulate translater. If you use them all you have to do is sent him all your paperwork and he takes it for you to the relevant offices to be legalised, translated and verified. It costs £90 but you get everything back within 2 weeks! it seems worth the money for the no-stress factor!
The name is Androulla Veliotou Ltd. (total cost for all paperwork £410.75)
Maybe First Choice will have their own reccomendations for this service too?

As far as I've read you don't do anything else once there but the day after the wedding you do go to the town hall to sign a certificate.
I'm hopefully wrong on this one but I'm getting married in the second week of hol as I was told you must be there for at least 8 days?

Good luck with everything, I have only heard great reports about the resort and town hall and I'll maybe see you there!
yes you are correct we went down to zante town hall a couple of days after our wedding to sign the books and collect our photo album. it only cost about £7 in a taxi return included from laganas main strip. good luck.lindsay. :cheers
Hello, i am new to the forum but getting married in kos inseptember,we have also beem told and had it confirmed in writing that you have to be resident on the islands for 8 days before the marriage.We are flying out on 11th september and getting married on the 22nd.We have jusy recieved our thomas cook wedding pack which gives us all the relevant info for all the documents and a translator that will deal with all of these just cant wait till the big day
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.