Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Globespan
11 Posts
Hi Gill :wave

You will find a lot of information about Globespan in the dedicated Globespan forum in the Flights section on here, and if you don't see what you are looking for you would probably be better asking any specific questions on there and somebody will provide an answer-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30904

Graham
Hi Gill

We did a similar trip last October, flew Manchester to Toronto with Thomas Cook Airlines (35"legroom, leather seats as stanard), stayed 5 nights at the 4* Sheraton Centre in Toronto, excellent hotel and ideal location followed by 2 nights at the 4* Sheraton On The Falls - again recommended.

We booked through http://www.canadianaffair.com Thomas CookAirlines is definitely the best non-stop airline on that route, the extra legroom for free wins handsdown.

The prices were excellent, we paid just under GBP1,000 for 2 adults and 1 child.

HTH :D
Many thanks for that info, HTH.

Have looked on the website and it does look very good. Did you hire a car whilst you were there? I'm not sure whether any transfers are included with these prices, so I guess we'd need to hire a car as well.

Also, did you pay for everything up front, or did you do the normal deposit first, remainder later? I only ask that because there is a difference in flight prices depending on what you do.

Regards
Gill
Hi Gill

No transfers are included. What we did was book the airport transfer in advance which was around CAN$14 per person (children free) through an online company, which took us right to our hotel (it drops off at several Downtown Toronto hotels). We didn't need the car at all while we were in Toronto, you can walk to most places and the our hotel even had a subway in the basement to get further afield.

When we'd had the 5 nights in Toronto we collected a car from Union Station, Front Street, just a short walk away and had it for 3 days, and drove to Niagara Falls (don't miss the lovely town of Niagara On The Lake, very quaint!). Book the car through Canandian Affair as well, I think their rates were the cheapest when I was shopping around, paid about GBP90 fully inclusive of insurances, taxes, extra drivers and first tank of fuel.

We then dropped the car off at Toronto airport and just walked through to the terminal for our return flight- very easy.

Incidentally, we just paid the deposit at the time of booking, which was GBP300.00 which included the hotel deposit too.

By the way the 'HTH' stands for 'hope that helps' and not my name! :lol:

Just shout if I can be of any more help :D
Hi Gill

We booked exactly the same trip with Globespan and we are off in two weeks. I don't really know what to think about them so far - one of the thinks is that when I called their 0870 number to prebook the seats, the person on the other side of the phone hung up on me. And it happend twice.
We paid £ 1000 for flights from Gatwick with all transfers, 4 nights in Toronto and 2 nights at Niagara with falls view.
When we come back I'll let you know how it went.
Please keep intouch, I am looking to use either globespan or zoom next year, to go to toronto

thanks

toni
Hi, we just came back from Canada yesterday and we had wonderful time! I would definitely recommend Globespan for booking your holiday there.
We were 4 nights in Toronto and 2 nights in Niagara.

When you arrive in Toronto, you go to a Globespan representative in the arrival hall (we had Jason who was very friendly and helpful). He will book you on the next transfer. In the same time he told us when we will be picked up from Toronto to go to Niagara falls and then on the last day what time we will be picked up to go to the Airport. They pick you up and drop you in the front of your hotel.

If you have any questions, just ask :D
Does anyone know when they start selling their summer 07 holidays. Flyglobespan said around Sept. which I thought was quite late.
Globespan have informed both their Edinburgh and Glasgow based staff to expect numbers to be halved

They currently employ approx 200 staff on rolling temporary contracts
the staff are mostly on their second " one year contracts "
So G-span want to off load them as they are approaching two years service and G-span would have to offer them permanent contracts

The management are off the opinion that because unions are not involved that they can get rid off the ones approaching two years

but among many off the legal requirements brought in to protect the employee is one that "states last in first out"

So it will be very interesting to see the outcome and how are they going to operate with half the amount of the current staff

They will also have problems with the amount of current staff actively seeking work elsewhere
This will obviously back fire on the management

:roll:
Post edited due to copyright infringement. For more information regarding latest developments at Flyglobespan, please click here.
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.