Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
goa in april!
27 Posts
i agree with eddie, although when we went in April we only had those noisy ceiling fans
We went for 2 weeks in April this year. We were warned it would be hot and very humid - and yes, it was hot and sticky, but not as bad as I was imagining. Everything was open, but the benefits were - its less crowded, so the beaches are nice and no need to book at restaurants;, the locals in the shacks / restaurants have time to chat as they aren't so busy; the sea and pools are like a bath; you get bargains when shopping "end of season prices!". I would make sure you had a place with air conditioning - we didn't and did find some of the nights unbearable at time.

I wouldn't have any problems in going in April again
We to have been the last two years in april and loved it, Lots of bargains to be had and not to crowed but busy enough for us. we want to go next november only to see what it is like at a different time of the year but would go back in april also.
The first time we went to Goa we went in April and it was fantastic. The second time we will be in Goa will be this November :yipee It will be interesting to compare the different months, but guess what .............................. we can't wait!!!! It can p"%^le down with rain for all we care, it will be great to be back. April was lovely and great for a first time. We were in the South. Just counting the days now.
We go every year in April to South Goa , ok yes it is hot but the peace and tranquility more than makes up for it. Night time can be very humid, have the air cooling fans going ( if you have it ). The people are really feiendly as always and there are plenty of places to buy things / eat etc. Even some of the beach shacks are still open . Don't take suncream / painkillers / mosquito repellant with you --- go to the local chemist and buy them , so much cheaper, my wife has very fair skin and burns easy but we got sunfactor 150 for her over there worked a treat and she got a lovely tan as well. All in all just relax and enjoy, the first day or two may / will seem strange but believe me you WILL enjoy yourself and will want to return again and again. Goa is the omly place we've been to that seems to have a magic charm on us , i'm sure someone casts a spell to make us return time and time again
We went at the end of March and the sea was just like stepping in to a bath it was so warm, much warmer than at Christmas
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.