Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
goa in april!
27 Posts
Hi, i went in April last year, it was very humid at night. We didnt have air conditioning, but i felt very hot and sticky at night, so i suggest air con.

Things were still open, and it didnt seem like it was the end of season to me as there were lots of tourists around.

Have fun

Nicola
I was in Goa in April 05, (middle 2 weeks) and had no problems finding things to do, eating out, trips etc and this was in the South.
Gill
We were there 2006 from April 9 - 23 - absolutely no problems - everywhere we wanted was open everywhere was a little quieter no huge crowds everywhere - weather was gorgeous - dry and 32 centigrade most days..wholly recommend that time of the year...
thanks guys for info
Hi Les, we were there from 14 - 28th April this year. It was very hot and some businesses were closing up but no shortage of places to eat & drink. I would agree with yummymummy and make sure you have aircon in the bedroom as it will be very hot and humid.
As Katie says it is very hot and humid in April. I found it ok during the day as there was always a breeze if lying at the beach, but night time could get a bit uncomfortable at times.
Most places still open and plenty of people about.
I prefer Nov-Feb time personally.
Hi les127 - we went last year first two weeks of April and it was hot and sunny every day but a little humid at night. This year, went end of March beginning of April and it was cloudy/hazy most days but still incredibly hot and at night it was almost unbearable. The humidity was so high. I'm not generally a sweaty person and even I sweated like the proverbial pig! A fan at the very least is a must at this time of year and air conditioning if you can. Everywhere was still open but even the beaches seemed quieter in our second week and shops were offering 'end of season' bargains in a desperate bid to rid themselves of old stock.
wife and i normally go in nov/dec or jan.but due to work the other couple cant have time of till beginning of april,im sure we will enjoy it anyway. :) .thanks again all for your help. :)
les127 there was a bargain on the teletext all of april £259 manchester to goa can,t remember if it was F/O or Package got the phone no if you need it.
thanks sleep r us :) ,ill have number and give em a call.nowt to lose!
:wow Sleep:r us now thats what I call a good deal ...
Colleen i wish it was a month earlier i would have booked but aprils to hot for me.
http://bestsmileys.com/sun/1.gif....no such a thing as too hot sleep..r..us :rofl ..colleen
You must be tougher than me irishcolleen phew :sun

Love your wee new piccy, and your cheeky smiley! :wink: :lol:
AS the avatar says lisa everydays a good day for a guinness ....im as tuff as it gets hubby calls me tannorexia :sun ...all joke on the side goa is one of the places I just cant sit by the pool its just too hot so I just sit at the beach with a nice cool breeze ..oh and a beer or 3 :glynis colleen
:) Went 2006 and 2007 26-23 April - very humid - you need aircon really! Everything still open but getting ready to close in Candolim. Paid £434 f/o 2006, £260 f/o 2007.
:wave
Iv'e never been in april and was wondering what items i dont need to take for e.g. my hairdryer/straightners, then i can make room to bring loads of crap back with me :lol:
id leave your hair straighteners at home, then again i dont even use them at home.

As for hair dryer, i always use it, i wouldnt be seen dead without drying my hair at home, but in Goa i tend to only dry it a few times during the two weeks, so i rarely use it.
Why dont you get one of those travel hairdryers?

April is a brilliant time to go, its not overly busy, you get more chance to get to know the locals, shack workers etc, because they arent rushed off their feet.
Hi xsamxbx

Hair straighteners will be a waste of time - the humidity is too high for them to work properly. Believe me, I have tried and failed for two years now!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.