Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
For us it has to be xmas day on the beach at Monicas, where we have a really nice buffet style meal of almost anything you could think of, fish curry rice, chicken vindaloo if you want, beef, Goan sausage, prawn massala, bhajis, chilli concarne.
Then its an auction for charity or simple games, or even just sleep it off.
The Hotel entertainment is too impersonal for us at xmas and we would much rather use the shack that has put in so much effort to make our time enjoyable.
New Years Eve:
Has to be spent watching the fireworks along the coast. Again Monica puts on food (booked first) and we just spend the evening with good company, from around the globe.

Gaz
Christmas Eve will be Gala night at Marinha, we will go out somewhere nice for a good meal and then come back to the bar to watch the fireworks.

Christmas Day will be spent on the beach where we will have a great lunch, then in the evening we intend to go to I95.

New Years Eve will be much like Christmas Eve, but there will be an awful lot more fireworks to watch at midnight as you can see them for miles.

I'M SO EXCITED NOW :pele :pele
It all sounds brilliant!
Miccie you should try out Souymen's Kitchen, run by the Chef who used to be at After 7, he now has his own place. IMO, it justs pips I-95 to best place, although I was very impressed with I-95 also. Anyway hopefully your can try it out during your holiday and let me know what you think, enjoy! :D
Sounds interesting Gemma, I'll make a note of it, is it in Calungute or Candolim?
Its on the border of Calangute and Candolim. Do you know where After 7 is? If so, its more or less about 50 yards further on past there (going towards Candolim). Its signposted from the main road. When you turn left off the main road its about 50 yards further down.
Hi Gemma

I wish you wouldn't mention Souymens kitchen my mouth is watering thinking about it, I will have to pay a little visit tonight just to stop the taste buds over reacting.

Well, Xmas day we normally spend it on the beach at Monicas shack with Gaz ( Hi Gaz ) and have done for the last 7 years, but this year we shall be going down the beach in the morning, then we have booked in at The Palm Tree in Calangute where we are having traditional Xmas dinner and a party afterward, the dinner is at 3pm and the party starts straight after that so it will be a very enjoyable day but a very long day.

We have not booked anything for New Year eve but we will definately end up on the beach for the firework displays at night.

Hope all HT's have a lovely christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

Mike and Carol :D :D :D
Oh lucky you going to Souymens Kitchen tonight, I will need to wait til March :x I only found it thanks to your excellent directions Mike :wink: and I am glad I did, isnt the food fantastic.
I know this is a little :offtop but is the quiz night on at Anand Bar next Thursday 27th? Ive got friends coming to Goa who havent been there since 2001, they are staying at the Prazeres and I told them to go along to your quiz night as we all had a great time when we were there.
Anyway will see you again in March. Best wishes to you both over the festive season and new year, tell Carol I was asking for her :wave
Hi Gemma

Yes the food is second to none. Yes the quiz night at the Annand bar will be on on thursday 27th and your friends are very welcome and anyone else who is out here at the moment. Directions from Candolim past the prazeres and go over the bridge at nerul then 1st road ( dirt track ) on your right then the bar is there on the left.

Have a good Christmas and we shall see you in March, we shall be in Thailand 1st week in March but we will be back in Goa around the 8th March.

Mike and Carol
Fantastic Mike, we dont arrive til 11 March so will see you at Anand Bar or our next beach shack meet up.
Met my friend today for lunch, she flys out tomorrow night, lucky so and so :lol: I will tell her the quiz night is next Thursday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.