Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I had my teeth whitened at the smile clinic in Calangute, it was laser treatment cost approx 160.00 - pleased with the results as my teeth are now much whiter - it takes about 1 hour in very hygenic surroundings.
thank you for your quick reply, how long does the whitening last for?????
goafeb wrote:
3) anyone been to the Taj Mahal on a day trip by plane and how much????

Taj info on this page.

MrsMac
Hi

My husband and I both had smile brite done highly recommend it. :D
Diamonds from Ashoka Jewellers, Candolim will pm you any details if you want.
we had the brite smile done by ambert as well, one thing to be aware of is you have 3 x 20mins sessions and if your teeth are sensitive it can be painful as you can get very sharp shooting pains, they do stop though ! for myself i had 3 of them 2 during the procedure and 1after and my teeth are not sensitive,my better half was in pain for a few hours and it really hurt she said but was fine after a while,like they say no pain no gain
as for jewellers shops we bought a few things and its down to choice really but do you buy something because you like it if you do then if your happy with the price then brilliant if its worth more when you get home even better
goafeb .if you look under doctor required you will see lin b got hers bleached for 55 pounds :D
) Has anyone had lazer teeth whitening done in Goa (Baga/Calangute) was it good and how much did you pay? anyone been to the Smile Brite clinic?

Had ours done in December by Ambert. Wonderful and the results can last from 2 to 5 years. Great comfortable surroundings. The BriteSmile costs 600 pounds in the uk. Yes it can be painful. As was said before, I do not have sensitive teeth,, however i did have a couple of 'oohs'

2) Has anyone bought diamonds in Goa and how do you know that they are genuine and of good quality? what are the best jewellers?? I have heard people paying £850 and it being worth £13,000 when they get back home, is that because they are not hallmarked the ring bands?????

We spent a lot of time looking at Diamonds on our last visit. We brought 2 back and they have both been valued in the Uk at double the cost.
BE VERY CAREFUL THOUGH!!! Do your research and learn all about the different cuts, grades, colours etc. Everyone can talk a good tale when trying to sellyou something. We found the stones we wanted, but they were from a Kasmiree, I insisted that he either leave me in the shop as a 'deposit' whilst my other half went off to have them verified by another jeweller, OR he let me pay by card. He really didn't want to do a visa transaction, also on the receipt it said words to the effect of 'once goods are sold they cannot be returned under any circumstances' I also made him change this on the receipt.

I explained to him that if the diamonds were at all in any way 'fake' then I would be cancelling my visa transaction.(bear in mind we had them all tested on THEIR machines, but when spending that amount of money, I don't trust anyone!!)

To cut a long story short, the diamonds were as expected, absolutely fine and worth a lot of money. However you must bear in mind that they do not come with certified documentation, this you can apply for in the UK, from Birmingham I beleive, and this can be quite costly.

But if they are for your own use then it shouldn't be a problem to you, except of course when it comes to insurance!!!

I am know the proud owner of a massive 'rock' on my engagement finger, that nobody beleives is real cos it is so big lol :D
If you want anymore info on the jewellers we got to know, please email me. DO NOT PM ME AS THE ADMINISTRATION HAS BLOCKED IT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON
Not possible to do a day trip to the Taj - check out http://www.daytrippergoa.com
hi all.
regrding the brite smile treatment,how good is it?i had some lazer treatment last year while i was in goa and came back with the polanight pack.worked well.but after a bit of reading around it seems the brite smile treatment is much more advaned and superior,ok its more expensive...just wondered if anyone can compare the 2 tretments.thanks

edit
please pm Robbie if you have info on the differences
Fiona ht mod
Thanks everybody for all your great advice.

VVV, can you send me your email address so that I can ask you some more questions.

Thanks
Goafeb x
Yes, I would like to hear if anyone has had the cheaper 'teeth-whitening' option at about £50. If so, what do they think of it. i did read that they make the teeth 2 to 3 times whiter than they are. is that right?

was there any pain involved and was it all done at one sitting. i don't really fancy going back 3 times.

regards
pedrogooner
- had mine done last year and cost if i remember£70-80.i had 2 lots in one go then went back for the 3rd the next day..after the 1st session it was a little sensative but that gradually went away.it did make a huge difference,my mate said he could see me a mile off..also brought home the polanight kit which to be honest have not really used,but think ill start using this over the next couple of days and see if it works?but now i would like them done again in march and not sure what one to go for?read mixed reviews on the britesmile over the last day.so would like to get more of peoples reviews and experience on the brightsmile treatment..
Robbie.

Many thanks for that. The price I was quoted on line by Dr Ambert (is that the dentist who did yours?) is £60. He did not mention that it was in three sessions.

Did you get any pain from it Robbie? Would you recommend getting it done early on in the two week holiday or leave it to the end of the two weeks?

When did you last get yours done the Robbie? I was also told that it is effective for two to three years. Would you agree with that? I doubt it if you got it done only last year!

Dr Ambert, highly recommended apparently, has surgeries in Margao and Calangute. We will go to the Margao one as that is near Colva.

has anyone been to that surgery in Margao?

cheers.
the £60 is'nt for the brite smile with the lazer i thought the same till it came to paying ! thats for the home kit unless he forgot how much he quoted on here :wink:
as for making your teeth 2 or 3 times whiter it doesnt really it basically restores your teeth to something like there original colour before they were stained with food and drink etc, not everyones teeth are white it cant make them whiter than they actually were in the 1st place
hi there, I have booked an appointment in Feb with Dr Ambert for the BriteSmile treatment. My partner has also booked in just for a check up (he hasnt been to a dentist for years and is petrified!!) I am now getting confused....does BriteSmile also just take your teeth back to what they were years ago or can it actually make your teeth white?
Hi Pedrogooner

I visited Dr Amberts clinic in Margao late December, early January. We were staying at the Ramada Caravella Varca Beach and I also went to the one in Calangute. I didn't have the Britesmile treatment but someone who was staying in the same hotel did and it cost them around £150 and they had it done towards the end of their holiday. I contacted Dr Ambert by e-mail and firstly had a consultation with him which was free, I then returned to Margao the next day and had a root canal (never felt a thing!) this was £60. It cost about 600/700 rupees taxi fare which included waiting time. The Margao surgery is very easy to find as it is directly opposite the football stadium above some shops and your taxi can park outside. In total I went to Margao 3 times and Calangute once (had 7 crowns). I think you will find that there are lots of Dentists around the area but I suppose it's finding one that's reliable. I can only say that I was very satisfied with the treatment I received and hopefully when I return this Xmas will go for a check up. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.
pedrogooner
i had mine done by dr suschant by the reebok shop and was very good.had a few shooting pains but they soon died off,not too bad really.
i had them done at the first part of the holiday.and would prob try and get them done the same sort of time as you never can tell what your going to do on the hol.ie..trips etc..
i had them done last march but to be honest i drink shed loads of tea and i do smoke which i should stop or at least cut down on,also the fact that as other people have said not everyones teeth are white but they did make a big difference for a good few months and maybe i should have touched them up with the polanight kit that i got but keep forgetting to do that..
towpal
you will have to let us know how you get on with the britesmile when you have it done?
goingoingoa
can you say how much you paid and would you say it was worth it?
Robbie
Ok will let you know when I get back. My appointment is 3 days after we arrive, hope I don't spend the rest of the time in agony!!!!
towpal.
look forward to hearing the results.hopefully it should not be that painfull.like i say i ahd a few shooting pains which was a weird and funny feeling(if that makes sense)but soon went after a few hours..then you cant help but :) at everyone..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.