Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mine worked OK. Didn't get quite as hot as they do here but still did the job. Didn't use them much though. It was too hot so I just tied it up. Much easier
Yes I found that mine didnt get as hot.
There was no point in straightening my hair as it just went back to frizz as soon as I went out because of the humidity. :roll:
Hi voltage is 220 which was ok with mine but again didn't use them much because of humidity.
Spottiswoode
Thanks for the replies everyone :)
My missus uses them as she has wavy hair, so don't think "frizz" comes into it, but I'm a bloke so what do I know on the matter :)
Is there anyway of getting them to work properly? Maybe buy some from over there?
They will work OK. Might just take longer to heat up. Mine just used to get to right temp and there'd be a power cut !
Us women with our straighteners! I was :yikes at the prospect of leaving mine behind but my OH was right when he said i wouldnt need them in Goa. There are so many better things to be doing out there than faffing around with straighteners. It was a great feeling to just not have to dress up too much or worry about make up, just lots of moisturiser and some lipgloss does the trick. My hair had a life of its own, and on days when it looked particularly wild i used to scrunch some hair mousse in and wear a bandana, very hippy chick! Power cuts are an everyday occurance as well so be prepared for that. All part of the fun. :lol:
Hi dont have much use for hair appliances myself but my wife brought hers but everytime she used them when she went outside her hair looked like an explosion in a mattress factory :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: so i think they are a waste of luggage space hope this helps :lol:
:tut irishman your in trouble! :lol: Couldnt agree more about that, all the more room for all those Goan goodies. :lol:
Lisa. Know what you mean about the bandana. I wore one all day on the beach. Looked really cool until I took it off. Flat and greasy on top and wild, untamed and full of sand at the ends. I couldn't be bothered to straighten mine. It's quite long and it was enough of an ordeal blow drying it. 2 mins hairdrier followed by 2 mins on the balcony to cool down and then back to hairdrier. What with the heat, power cuts and hubbie pacing the room in frustration I found it much easier to have a large honeybee or 2 before getting ready and then I didn't care what I looked like. Best thing was the only night I completely left it to its own devices a couple of the Goan lads in the bar commented how nice it looked ! leaving mine at home next time.
Thank god my hair is very straight and I dont have al those problems :D
As for you Irishman :hmmm :oops: just wait til Irishcolleen says whats youve typed about her :lol: you will be in trouble with a capital T :lol:
Hi Simone, me too! My hair is pretty straight anyway and fairly long. As you say what with the sun, wind,sweat and sand it neeeded a good wash pretty often, it was a case of spending precious funtime time trying to do something with it, or just chillin and letting it do what it wanted. My OH also said he preferred it and since coming back ive hardly used those dreaded irons! Goin a bit :offtop here. Sorry folks. Lisa :lol:
Treat her to a pair of these. :D At least her hair will be lovely and straight until she goes out :lol:
I think irishman might well have to fork out for them as well to get back in the good books :lol:
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-05-21 15:23:31
The price of looking gorgeous! :wink: :lol:
Dont forget if your buying any electrical stuff, that there plugs are 2 pinned, as my mate found out after buying a new mobile phone from Panjim :lol:
The voltage is 220 nominal but there are large surges and I would suggest that if you are charging up anything with an internal battery ie mobile phone that you use a surge protector.
Mike
Right Irishman that me and you fell out now .....hair like explosion in a mattress factory ....I thought we were the bald and the beautiful ...and I know what one I am :.....http://bestsmileys.com/barber/1.gif.............irishcolleen...the wife
You tell him Colleen :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.