General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hair appliances
20 Posts
If the hotel has a hairdryer I don't bother taking one, but they are not anywhere as fierce as mine, my friend bought me a travel dryer and I found it quite useless so if I do take one it's a small normal type which I got from Argos.
Dread to think what my hair would look like if I forgot my straighteners or if they broke whilst I'm away as with the humidity it goes frizzy, although it's fairly usual looking hair.
I'm at the hairdressers this week and am thinking of having it cut into a short bob so it will be much easier to manage. :think
Straighteners are a must. :rofl

Dont bother with hairdrier if there is one in the hotel :tup
I don' t take hairdryer use the hotel one in room and would not travel without the GHD's absolutely a holiday essential :tup
hi all....you dont always get a dryer....and the travel ones are a bit naff....so I take a small normal one...its only little but has some clout.....and I take my hot air brush.....this year as going somewhere hot in july Im not bothering with the dryer....just taking hot air brush....tweetie
Straightners are an essential. Wouldnt dream of going anywhere for more than 2 days without them. Hairdryer not so important as I like to dry my hair naturally anyway but defo need the GHDs and a good heat protector spray to go with them :D .
srhjnmgn wrote:
Straightners are an essential. Wouldnt dream of going anywhere for more than 2 days without them. Hairdryer not so important as I like to dry my hair naturally anyway but defo need the GHDs and a good heat protector spray to go with them :D .

I'm with you on the thermal protector I use GHD's it very good and lasts for ages too
I vary the protectors depending on whats on offer and what suits. At the moment im using the Tresemme one which is my favourite and it really suits my hair. I tried Toni & Guy's but it left my hair dry, coarse and dull so wouldnt recommend that one at all. The one from the Avon book is also very good and I always have a couple of bottles of that in reserve. Ill have to look out for the GHD one. Thanks Miss Pink :tup
Hi Srhjnmgn

Here is the QVC link to the GHD triple pack which I get - I think its reasonable

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.432634
Hi
Always take a small hairdryer,( not travel size they are not forceful enough,) even if hairdryer is supplied by hotel, because they are not always good enough. Hair straightners are even more important than the hairdryer if I am to have any chance of keeping my hair under control in the hot weather :tup
M
I dont take anything to style my hair with apart from a brush. I am on holiday and therefore all that faffing about that I have to do 'normally' when at work can wait!!!

If it is a hot country I hate drying my hair with something hot as just end up sweaty! As we have 2 weeks in the camper van too the whole 'what you look like' is very relaxed and therefore can wear no makeup, any clothes I like and not having to worry about appearance really for 2 whole weeks...bliss!!!
I never take anything. I just wash my hair and leave it. I have long straight hair so luckily it looks fine "sundried" :)
I have a dual voltage 2000w travel hairdrer which I think is from Remington - it's actually better than the dryer I use at home. I couldn't manage without it!
Kedi Yavrusu wrote:
I never take anything. I just wash my hair and leave it. I have long straight hair so luckily it looks fine "sundried" :)

Same here - couldn't be bothered with all that faffing around when I'm on holiday, plus it leaves more room in the suitcase for other things. Luckily both my daughter and I have poker straight hair anyway - one woman at the airport duty free even asked my daughter if she spent ages straightening her hair each morning, but it's all natural.
Just my professional hairdryer, as the hairdryers in the hotel are useless for my hair, its normally wavy, but when ive straigtened it, god damn it goes frizzy wirth the heat and humidity, so I leave my ghds at home...more wait in my case anyway :)
blondiescot wrote:
Kedi Yavrusu wrote:

Same here - couldn't be bothered with all that faffing around when I'm on holiday, plus it leaves more room in the suitcase for other things. Luckily both my daughter and I have poker straight hair anyway - one woman at the airport duty free even asked my daughter if she spent ages straightening her hair each morning, but it's all natural.

One of my daughters has straight hair like mine, the other has a mass of curls down to her bum. Luckily she is still little and loves her long curls, I can imagine her taking straighteners when she gets older though :(
today's silly question:

Why, if women have straight hair, they want to curl it and, if curly hair, they want to straighten it?

I never understood this.
rpbristol wrote:
today's silly question:

Why, if women have straight hair, they want to curl it and, if curly hair, they want to straighten it?

I never understood this.

Simple answer really - because we can :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.