General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
help my hair!!!!
34 Posts
I too suffer with extremely frizzy hair. My Mum is a hairdresser so I've tried product after product (Paul Mitchell, Tigi, Frizz Ease, Aussie.....shampoos, conditioners, serums, mousse, sprays etc etc) to no avail. The only way I can keep my hair under control when I'm abroad is to keep it up in a scrunchie.

I shower in the morning and when rinsing my hair I leave a small residue of conditioner behind, this helps when it comes to the evening and time to wash it again after spending the day swimming, snorkelling and sunbathing! I then leave it in a scrunchie all day otherwise it soon becomes a straw-like mess.

I wash it again in the evening then back up it goes while still damp.

Straighteners are ineffective on my hair in very hot and/or humid weather. Blow-drying actually makes it worse!
I have the same problem, but I have to say this year I experimented a little with my John Frieda Frizz Ease.....and it worked a treat.

At home I find Frizz Ease a little too greasy so only use a very small amount if any at all. But this year in both Lanzarote and Cyprus I used a fair amount more than regular as I knew I'd be washing my hair every evening so if it went lank/greasy it wouldn't matter too much. I found by using just that bit extra it worked perfectly......no lankness and no frizz at all despite the humidity in Cyprus in June/July being really high :tup
Mine is exactly the same.

So, I get a hat, great cowboy styles for this year, also loads of hair elastics with tropical flowers on. I use frizz ease or something similar and either tie in a bun, plaits or pig tales with the elastic down low in the hair so i dont look three and it gets me throught the hols no bother.

The best thing i did was to get my hair braided but it was in bad condition when i took it out and cost me an extra £15 at hairdressers for conditioning treatments!

hope this helps

sha33a
Same problem with me as well so I just tie it up into a scrunchie or stick a headband in my hair :rofl
Dont use a hairdryer, let it dry naturally and use a good conditioner. I find when using straighteners to section the hair very carefully, and straighten a little bit at a time.
Could not live without my GHD.
i have thick coarse hair and mine goes frizzy on holiday,it used to drive me mad and all that blow drying everynight in that heat was murder.I'd spend all day trying not to get it wet so i didnt have to wash it that night.But now ive found a good solution,i wash it every evening and just lightly blow dry it then put a nice headband in.There are some lovely ones about this year,some with bits that hang down so that it looks like a proper scarf
Sometimes hair can become frizzy because of the water it is washed in.

I usually use Paul Mitchell shampoo on my short fine (although lots of it) layered hair. Normally it behaves ok. On holiday in Spain recently I found that because the water was so soft my shampoo just made my hair too soft and flyaway. I bought a cheap supermarket one and it was fine.

If you need a leave in conditioner then the Paul Mitchell leave in one is very good. Last ages.

Just a thought anyway.

Pippa
I use a product called Stafford ( I think it is Paul Stafford) it is a dehumidifier just spray on before you go out and you dont have the frizzies
Its not so much the heat or humidity that makes my hair frizzy... its the blowdrying it everyday

At home i try and just wash it once and week and that keeps it somewhat tame
hello all

thanks for all your replies - glad to see im not the only one who suffers!

think maybe will leave hairdryer at home this year, normally the frizz ease works fine in uk heat but not so much abroad :(

going to get a few nice hair bands to try as well, only 4wks 2moro till we go so time will tell :D

:cheers
try the dehumidifier spray it really does work, i used to have hairbands until i discovered this now i can wear my hair down every night
Well i don`t have a hair problem... at the mo mine is 2cm long and will need it trimming next week for my hols in 2 weeks. my hair is very thick so i have to have it short and it grows quickly as well, gets on my nerves when the curly bits appear :(

sharon
my hair go's the same way!, i was however told by a hair dresser that this look is in right now (how true it is) so you never know girls the frizzy look could be good this year :rofl

laura
I'm reading this thread with great interest as I am another one who suffers with frizzy hair :cry

I've used allsorts of different things, and they either don't work or make my hair look lank and greasy
(which is obviously me being too heavy handed with the stuff. :( )

I might have a look for that dehumidifer stuff though - thanks for that Sue :)
I have the same problem with my hair. It is very thick and long and very difficult to style (thank god for GHDs). It is suffering just now with the heat in this country and this has only reminded me of the fight I will have with it when we go away in October. One product that I have found helps, and I have tried many, is the Macadam anti frizz shampoo, conditioner etc from Tesco. Hair still tends to fluff abit but not as wild as it would be with other products. Even hairdressers struggle with this one. My hairdresser was in Florida last year and spent the whole 2 weeks with her hair tied up because of what the humidity and heat did to her hair. If they struggle what hope is there for us mere mortals?
Trust me girls, I'm a hairdresser and used every product under the sun and, no, there is no hope !!!!!!
Apart from the fact that after carefully blowdrying your hair, by the time you go out, you've sweated so much its stuck to your forehead and neck, so for day, stick a bandana on and for night, some blingy hairclips, sorted !!!!
juby 5 wrote:
Trust me girls, I'm a hairdresser and used every product under the sun and, no, there is no hope !!!!!!
Exactly what my Mum says and she's a hairdresser too!

To make matters worse for me, as well as being exceptionally porous, therefore very prone to frizz, although my hair is long it isn't thick so there's not much weight there to hold it down!

Yep, scrunchies all the way. My hair has been up all week as it's been so hot and humid even here in Worthing :duh

Pippy :)
Just been Googling for the dehumidifier spray...

It's LEE Stafford, and it's £4.99 for a 200ml size spray in Boots.

I think Tesco sell LS stuff too, but I can't get a price of it on the net.

I'm going shopping today so I 'm going to try some of this.

Thanks again Sue. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.