Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Goanmad thanks for your trip report, and the restaurants..we havent tried some of those so will enjoy that :)

we actually really love Arambol too,
There are a lot of Nepali's there (In the shops etc) and i find the clothes are great just that bit 'different' .. a lot of them we have also met in Kathmandu in their shops out of season... and we find its a real friendly place too...a bit like calangute and candolim used to be before they got too desperate to sell and were more chilled & sociable... could be the high rents etc putting pressure on them... and a bit of complacency? who knows ..... anyhow we went back to arambol this year for first time in ages and despite the huge changes that have taken place there in the last 5 or 6 years in particular, surprisingly still loved it..we have been back many times since...infact were there today... so i have too agree its a great place still

Your accommadation sounds lovely too :tup

... just one thing though!! :D you can get a great English Breakfast at the german bakery (just ate it!!) for 140 rps jucie (real!!) fiull monty and toast tea and coffee....very very reasonable and cheaper than CCB belt...and delicious!! and english fish and chips just in the highstreet big restaurant!! (cant remember the name)
Chilly :sun2
Thanks for the feedback!

Chilly, I'd forgotten that the German Bakery did an English Breakfast (and an Indian, Goan, Continental and American)...I love sitting in there people watching! I'm very envious of you still being in Goa, it feels so bloomin' cold back in the UK.

The Nepali's are definately more chilled and I love the fact you can walk into their shops and look at things without being hassled and they have really cool clothes that you just don't see anywhere else.
oh yes.. its a 100% the place for people watching i agree Goanmad... brilliant fun... ;)

but take heart ;) its far far too hot here right now ...believe!!!! :tup
are all the restaurants you mention in obvious places/easily seen? or will any need directions? some i cant place

chilly :sun2
Double Dutch closed last sunday as did the Rice Bowl and Relax Inn.

Fellini's is more or less across the road from the German Bakery, the signage isn't very obvious but look out for a chalk board advertising "The Essence". The manager says they'll be shutting on 15th May so they'll probably have closing party.

Eyes of Buddha is on the cliff facing the beach and Pirates Cabin is the first beach snack on your left when you get to the beach, Oppenhal is between the two.

If you turn left out of German Bakery and follow the road up the hill you'll eventually reach Lamuella, it's opposite a shop called "Craft Handi Craft".

Enjoy the rest of your time in Goa and maybe we'll meet up later in the year.
thanks a lot for that ...and yes, hope so :tup
chilly
Your report is so good you might regret it- everyone will be booking the same place next year!! :D
Great report goanmad,

Arambol is a place we have only been too twice in the last twenty years and one of them was today with Chilly and Mike, so it must be growing on us

Chilly, still digesting my 140 Rps early afternoon breakfast, it was fantastic, still can't believe you had Pineapple juice with your breakfast and not your normal coffee :rofl
I have to agree with Fiona. a fascinating report, and one that might make people venture a little further afield than they might normally - Thanks Goanmad
Thankyou Goanmad, i've jotted down all your recommendations, never been to Arambol but will deff be going there when we return in Decmber, great report, Many thanks :)Gel
Loved your report, could really live it as we stayed in Arambol for a few days a couple of years ago. Wished we had known about all those places to eat though although we did enjoy what we had. We bought loads of clothes too and so cheap. Think we will have to go again in December, at least it gets you away from the crowds.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.