Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkey wont be joining the EU for a long time to come yet
It would be the worse thing they could do, we should have stayed out
It was on the news today that our Prime Minister was pushing for Turkey to be admitted in to the EU as soon as possible!
Very much doubt Turkey will ever get admitted, and even if they did it would not mean that they would adopt the Euro, or even be welcome, after the experience with the rest of the club med countries
So long as France and Germany keep blocking Turkeys application, then they won't get into the EU. Those of us who are already Turkey converts know that it would not be in Turkeys best interest to join as there would be a lot of changes, especially in the fake goods industry. Let's just hope that it doesn't happen.

Les
Even if they are accepted into the EU it takes 11 years for it to happen after they get the yes vote and I think another 3 after that before the took the euro (if they wanted it)

John
And they still have a lot of issues to sort out before they get a yes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.