Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I have heard from people staying there and who have eaten there that the Elias Beach Hotel is struggling to maintain its 4 star status.
Friends had a meal there a couple of weeks ago and said it was horrible!
I don't know about single villas of that sort of size, but Kapsalia Villas are 5 (or maybe 6 by now) 4/6 person ( 2 double/twin bedrooms and convertable chairs in the lounge) detached villas in a quiet area in Pissouri, each with its own pool.
Very reasonably priced, too.

Email Panikos for price and availability.

Mark
Hi,
my advice is to give Cyprus a miss. I lived there for 11 years and boy has it changed. Much more expensive and the culture is very different, not typically Cypriot now. Big problem now with crime and prostitution especially in Limassol.
Choose somewhere else such as Crete.
Oh, I see, you don't like tourists then. :roll: and you want the place all to yourself.
I've been going to Cyprus for about 20 years and am still happy to do so!

Everywhere is changing. No doubt Crete is not the same as it was 11 years ago!

Cyprus is not that expensive. If it was I would not go, but you do need to get away from the main tourist areas.

Prostitution has never affected us, although Trish had her bag snatched in Larnaca a few years back. Luckily nothing of value was in it. This is a rarity in Cyprus, but an everyday occurrence in every large town in the UK.

Mark
Thanks for all you replies.

I am going back to Cyprus after my 20 year gap (which is far to long) My daughter was born TPMH in Akrotri.

obviously there are going to be a lot of changes since we were last there - but my friends have been going there every year for the past few years. As long as there is the usual tourist shop selling tat - greek resterants offering me a meze and a large brandy sour - i am there!!

thanks
Hi there just a bit of info re the Atlantic Oasis hotel in Limassol.

It will be definitely re-opening on 31st August.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.