Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
going by train
5 Posts
Simple answer is Yes, - but your journey might be costly and tiring, you do not say where you live or how many will be travelling.

Our jouney two adults from Scotland involved train from Edinburgh to London to Paris via ferry, Overnight Paris to French/Spanish early morning to Girona Local train to Blanes then bus to your destination.

We did not have the Eurostar in those days which would make part of it easier.

Did not say it was easy but it was always worth while. Ex British Rail free travel all the way to French border half price in Spain.

Replying to your post has brought back some great and happy memories when we were 20 years younger. :)

Thank godness for Ryanair
:cheers thanks for the information ,i agre,would be wiser to go by plane .
we answered a similar question a couple of months ago but I can't find it now! Anyway, best place to start would be http://www.seat61.co.uk but the idea that trains are much cheaper than planes over long distances doesn't work. It's a business, both will charge what they think people will pay to get there. Also, the Paris-Spain section is priced for that market (flights from Paris cost the same as from UK) and so when added to Eurostar will be quite expensive.
:cheers thankyou .i think its time to forget that idea .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.