Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Dave :wave:

The prices have crept up over the last few years but are still generally cheaper than the UK, although imported drinks are quite expensive, the local beer Sakara are nice and you will find that many places have a 'Happy Hour' from about 6pm until 8pm where you buy one drink & get one free.
There are many places to eat out, again the prices have risen over the last few years but are usually good value compared to back here.

Some more info - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=140866&hilit=PRICES

Graham
I always went B and B for the first few years as it was cheap, and still is compared to european destinations. Now though we go A1 because drinks eg coke etc are english prices and so is water. June is one of the hottest times to go, well over a 100 degrees so anyone should be drinking a lot to avoid dehydration. If you are forking out for fluids this can add up big time.

Food is as cheap and as dear as you want it, there are very nice restaurants, although i found not as many as previous visits as the owners realise most hotels are A1, still a few though.

Take at least sun factor 30 as it will burn you to a crisp out there in the desert :really

Michelle x
Thanks for the replys we have been SC for the last few years and like the freedom that gives you not been AI for a long time and know from experience if you pay down the cheap end of AI you have to be careful thanks again
Dave :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.