Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Dew, Quarteira is a lovely resort but mainly residential, the big downfall is there are lots of high rise buildings around. It has a lovely promenade, but the sea maybe too cold to swim in when you are there, the Atlantic is never really warm. There are lots of eateries and bars along the seafront & an excellent massive market every wednesday near the bus station. You can travel into Vilamoura which is next door, in fact you could walk it along the beach road from the fish market. Albufeira/Olhos d Agua/Praia da Oura are not far away by car. Try the website http://www.freemaps.net you should get some information here. Maybe some other forum members could give you more information also. Cheers Jayjan
I think (although I may be wrong and it might be somewhere spelt similarly) that Quateira is where the actor Clive Dunn had a restaurant, if I am right then friends of ours went there last summer and said it was well worth a vist
Ellie
Hi Eloisa, Your dead right about Clive Dunne he did live in Quarteira and he had a restaurant there. I love Quarteira but lots of folks dont because of the high rise residential buildings. My hubby met him years ago playin golf on Vilamoura old course, said he was a real funny guy. Cheers Jayjan
Thank you for the information. Freemap.net has some good details about where to eat and a few attractions in Quarteira, as well as other areas in the Algarve. I think we will spend some time touring the towns and villages nearby. If anyone has more information, I would love to know about it.
DEW
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.