Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi williamrobb88 ... I have transferred your enquiry here to the Egypt forum for a better response. However, bearing in mind that the forums will be closing later today for the festive break, there may not be the opportunity to attract many replies before your departure. It might therefore be worth you taking time to have a search or browse through the Egypt forum and our separate Resort Reports section, both of which contain lots of info about Sharm.

David :wave
Hi there

You do not mention which area you are staying in, so i'll guess and say Sharm.

Temps will be 70-75 in the day and you will need a cardi/light jacket for night time.

You will be able to go in the sea as it is warmer than the pool plus the coral has to survive in certain temps.

Now then trips, i have been to Cairo and Luxor and yes brilliant trips, Jordan i haven't been to, but some of them like Jerusalem are over nighters on a coach so will take 2 days out of your holiday.

Most of the hotels have their own dive centres, maybe you could check out prices before you go to save time hunting when you are there. I cannot be more specific as i do not know which area you are going to.

Dolphin shows are still being sold in Sharm, but the way the dolphins are treated is abominable, not in good conditions. Most tour operators do not sell the trip now as it needs to be banned.

Sun creams 10 -15 factor should be suffice, we went in November and used 15. Sun is strong when it comes up, be up early as the sun is gone and dark by 4pm ish.

Taxis are cheap but agree a price before you go, ask your rep or hotel what you should expect to pay.

Haggling half everything they say, then go up a little.

2 pin plugs for Egypt, you can buy them in supermarkets for 50p

Aqua parks havent been to, they are not very big not on the same lines as cyprus/florida for example.

Quad bikes and buggies are great fun especially the shows in the desert. There is horse riding, go karts and plenty to do.

If you venture out and not buy trips from tour reps, make sure you are covered on your insurance. For example if you have thomson for examples insurance, then go on a trip with another source, should you disappear or hurt yourself example, you cannot claim for anything.Also the rep and no one else will know you have gone from the hotel, be sure to tell someone in case something happens.

Have a good trip

Michelle x
Thanks Michelle

Some excellent advice there. Just what I wanted.

At least we won't be contributing to more suffering for The Dolphins.

I appreciate your advice.

If anybody has any similar advice I'd be grateful

Oh yeah, we are staying in Tropicana Grand Azure

Thanks again
Another bit of advice if possible do not take travellers checks unless you go to a thomas cook agent in resort, banks do not like changing them unless...... you have your receipt when you bought them and your passport.

I took £50 sterling and changed into Egyptian pounds here in the UK, then took sterling to the hotel bank and got a really good rate, the rate in the UK is rubbish to out there.

Never tip in UK pounds, the Egyptians cannot change it, so notes are ok and their own money. Work on the concept that £10LE is an English pound. There is no need whats so ever to take $ or euros, everything is mainly in Egptian pounds except the airport duty free etc, but they will work it out for you if needed.

Michelle x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.