Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi, also where is the Coral Sea Resort in relation to other resorts on this map:

http://www.turtess.com.ua/images/map/sharm_el_sheikh.gif

Thanks once again.

Al and Em
This map shows where the Coral Sea Resort is. On your map I think it is up near the LTI Grand Azure.

http://sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/mapa_prawa.html

You do get hassled in Namma Bay but a polite but firm no usually works. They will try to get you in their shop by asking you to signing their guest book. My partner got offered camels for me and apparently he was tempted to accept but getting the camels home would have been a bit tricky! :rofl
Hi
I've just got back from Sharm and loved it.
My girlfriend and I did not find Namma bay or even the old town area of Sharm to be any hassle at all.
You will get a few people coming up to you asking you to go in their shop or bar, but either ignore them or just say no thankyou and keep on walking - we really didnt find it any problem and no worse than in turkey.
Generally we found the egyptians friendly people and at no point felt unsafe anywhere
Hi, thanks everyone for your replies, its making the picture of resort clearer.

agh100 and lad81 which hotel did you stay at? and is it far to Naama bay, from the Coral Sea Resort.

Thanks again for the advice,

Al and Em
coral sea resort is about 20-25 mins taxi ride from naama bay. there is also a bus that goes from the coral sea to naama bay but it is only at certain times. the hotel has its own taxi service which you book in the lobby. don't use the local taxis, the blue and white ones, as they are death traps. csr is great, you will love it!
Thanks ali781, how much do the resort taxi's cost? Not that it will effect our choice of hotel, just trying to get an idea of what things cost really!

Cheers

Al and Em
We stayed at the Crowne Plaza last year which was only a 5 min drive to Namma Bay and about £3 in a taxi. The hotel also had a free shuttle bus which we used a few times. I wish I could agree with agh100 about Namma Bay but I got very frustrated at not being able to have a quiet walk around without everyone trying to guess your nationality and ask you to go into their restaurant or shop. We went in December so maybe since it is quieter then we got hassled more. Having said that it has not put me off going to Egypt again as we have booked to go in January to the Baron Resort and looking into going at the end of 2007 as well.
Thanks Lad81, was the Crowne Plaza Hotel up to your expectations? Did you have any problems whilst you where there?

Can you walk freely between the resorts, up the beaches without being hassled? We are beginning to become worried about feeling restricted and trapped!

Cheers
Al and Em
We loved the Crowne Plaza and we were going to go back this year but just decided to try another hotel. The snorkelling is fantastic and better than some of the reefs that we visited whilst on trips. Breakfast is the same every day but they do have plenty of choice. We didn't eat dinner in the hotel much as I didn't really like what was on offer but being so close to Namma Bay that didn't cause a problem. There was no where to go a walk outwith the hotel, no shops to visit or anything! The hotel is very set back from the main road and there wouldn't be any point in walking to the main road either as it is just spare land with nothing on it! It has it's own beach and jetty but again you can't walk to anywhere on the beach. The CP is wonderful but if you want to be able to have a scroll outwith the hotel then forget it. You certainly don't get hassled in the hotel and the staff are friendly. We asked for a sea view room but this was only available at a charge so we didn't bother. The only problem we had was that our shower kept flooding the bathroom and although reception said they would fix it I don't think they ever did and we ended up moving rooms. The second room we got did have a sea view but since it got so dark in the evening there wasn't anything to see from the balcony!! The hotel is very clean and well looked after. I would recommend staying there but it just depends on what you like. PM if you want any further help.

Lynsey
the taxi from the csr was £12 english return. you pay the driver when you return. when you book at the hotel you state what time you want to return and your driver will meet you at the entrance to the main road in the bay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.