Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Do you have an address for the apartments? I have never heard of them and know the area fairly well.
Thank you for your reply
The address of these apartments is: Salvador Allende 35 Torremolinos 29620. I booked with Alpha Rooms. I wonder if they have recently changed their name.

Many thanks
Carol :?
They are in La Carihuela.....my favourite place on earth and where my heart is :D
La Carihuela, although it is situated between Torremolinos and Benalmadena, it comes within the Torremolinos boundary.......so you have the best of both worlds. :D :D :D
La Carihuela is a Spanish fishing village, which has tried to retain the Spanish culture, and there are some excellent fish restuarants there that are world famous....along with other bars and tourist shops.

A short taxi ride costing only a few euros will take you past the port and into Benalmadena, here you will find Bonaza Square...this is where all the English hang out and have entertainment.
The puerto (port) is also an "up market" area for entertainment and shopping.

I could fill this entire page telling you about the area.....you are situated in an ideal spot to explore Andalucia, should you wish....and there are excellent daily tours available from various outlets, that are not expensive.....or go to Malaga and the train network takes you anywhere.
There is Torremolinos, Mijas, Fuengirola, Arroyo de Miel ( Stream of Honey) which has the the cable car, Benalmadena and Malaga on your doorstep...most people only think of Malaga as the airport, but the city itself has some fine museums and bogedas .....then you have Granada, Sevilla, Ronda, Cordoba, Gibraltar, Puerto Banus, Marbella, Jerez........the list is endless....it`s what you make it.!!!!

Although I have never stayed in these apartments....I know exactly where they are.....there are plenty of bars around you. :wink:
http://www.hotelstreet.co.uk/Hotels-3743-Buensol.html

http://www.buensolapartamentos.com/

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/2088/buen1tl.jpg

I hope this has helped....and if you don`t want to go...I certainly will :D

besos xxx
sanJi
This place sounds lovely. What do you think it will be like in February? I know the weather can't be relied on but would the nearby bars and restaurants be open? Would it be really quiet? I've just checked prices for 3 nights in February and it's only £50 in total for a 1 bed apartment! Bargain! especially if you booked cheap easyjet flights now.
Hi Sanji
Thank you ever so much for your reply. I am soooo :!: glad you liked this place so much. I am looking forward to going now :D Your advise is most appreciated.

Thanks again.
Carol :)
philseymour
They are near the Hotel Rui Nautilus on the same street :D

Carol.
You`re welcome...I hope you have a lovely time and thankyou for saying thankyou. :wink:

Retsina.
I`ve never been in Feb, but I have Spanish friends there and they say it is "muy tranquilo", which means very calm/quiet....but I can`t see the English bars closing....and it depends really on what you want......
The towns like Torremolinos and Fuengirola will not close....I would still go if the price is right and you fancy it.

besos xxx
sanJi
Thank you Sanji, I'm very tempted, it's such a bargain, flights and accom for less than £75 each!

Hi Carol, as you'll be staying at the Buensol soon would you mind letting us know what you think about the accommodation when you get back?
I'm very tempted, it's such a bargain, flights and accom for less than £75 each!

Retsina
At that price....I`d have booked it without a shadow of a doubt :wink:
What are you waiting for.? :D ..even if it chucks it down with rain, :cry: ...there are still things to do and plenty of places to visit.....it may be raining in La Carihuela, but lovely spring sunshine in Marbella. :wink:

besos xxx
Sanji
To Retsina
Hi, Yes I certainly will let you know how the accommodation and the resort was when I return. :wink:

Best wishes
Carol
we are booked into the Buensol from Nov.12 to 26th. 1 bed apt. from Alpharooms £186.00. Flights from Bmibaby out of Cardiff £111. 96 (booked in June)
and look forward to your comments when you return
Mick 66

thanks. I will let you know what they are like when I return

Carol
isn,t benal the same in Oct as in Dec,sanji?only New Year is more lively.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.