Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Why not try Icmeler seen as your going on your own it's a little bit quiter than Marmaris
Hi Angie

Cant help with Marmaris but if you fancied somewhere else I would suggest Dalayan
If I was ever going to travel to Turkey on my own thats the place I would go.
Its near the airport. Place not to big that you can get lost and you dont get the hassle you do in Marmaris.
Lovely restaurants along the river over looking the Rock Tombs

Its a lovely place to relax.
Lynn
I don't think that I would like to go to Marmaris on my own, especially if I wanted a quiet relaxing time.
It can quite noisy, and sometimes you can get hassled by the men.
We often went over to Icmeler, which is much quieter, but still with plenty going on, and you could always get the dolmus over to Marmaris if you wanted to visit.
There are lots of British holidaymakers in both Icmeler and Marmaris so am sure you will soon make friends.
Lol.
:)
I have to agree with the other posters, I have been to Turkey alone before but I would never choose to go to Marmaris. If you choose a smaller, quieter resort I think you would be much more comfortable and you would have more chance of meeting up with other people.

When I was in Turkey on my own I stayed in Bitez, near Bodrum and it was perfect, but if you would rather fly to Dalaman then there are smaller resorts there too.
I would have absolutely no hesitation in going to Icmeler on my own, but as others have said, I would steer clear of Marmaris if I was you.
You mention that you want to go self-catering, but for someone holidaying alone I would have thought that a hotel would be a better choice, and there are some great deals to be had for B&B, halfboard, or even all inclusive, in most Turkish resorts, you might even be able to snap up a really cheap cancellation, try googling 'Sunmaster', for it is a recognised site that deals in cancellations.
The good thing about being in a hotel is that you will mix regularly with other guests, so if you want to make friends the opportunity will be there, whereas many who use self-catering accommodation tend to take off for the day.
I also would not recommend Marmaris, Icmeler is quieter, and much prettier too.
Come to Ovacik Angie. I'm going on 11-September, (2 weeks). We're staying at Perdikia hill hotel.(self catering)
It's a gorgeous quiet little resort, and Hisaronu and Oludeniz are just a quick dolmus ride away.

My name is Angie too, and we are about the same age.
I'm travelling with hubby, but he doesn't always want to go out on the town. (boring old fart).
To be honest..............
I could do with someone to have the occasional 'girlie' night out with if you're interested.
thank you i av found a holiday and to TOATEDMALLOW MINIONE ARDATH KEDI YAVRUS for calling me a joke well yes i was in a rush my daughter was murdered 5 years as now and my head is all over the place so like i said to the ppl above thank you fo making my first time on here a very upsetting 1 ?????????
Sorry about that angie, and in actual fact I wasn't calling you a joke, I was merely responding to those who were.
Fact is sites like this can be subject to something called 'trolling' which is when somebody comes onto the site simply to cause mischief, pretending to be a genuine member making queries, but ultimately just causing a whole lot of trouble.
And thing is, none of us know each other at all, so it is also easy to say something without thinking of the consequences, because we are unaware of the other person's situation, as in the case of your terrible tragedy.
Hope that this hasn't put you off posting, because these sites can give you a lot of important information with regard to your holiday.
:(
Angie, I was the one who was saying that you weren't a joke! I have now removed my posts as I didn't want you to read anything upsetting. Please don't include me in those who were saying things as I was trying to stop them.
Glad you got sorted Angie love. :tup
I try never to judge anyone's ability in writing, as I don't know individual people's problems.
(I'm fine with words and writing, but can barely add up the fingers of one hand) :rofl
Seems I was right too, judging by your reply. (So sorry to hear about your Daughter).

You go and have yourself a fantastic holiday Ang, and don't let a few sarcastic people on here
stop you from coming back and letting us know how you got on.
Shame you aren't coming to Ovacik though, I really could have done with a drinking buddy
when hubby's snoring in a chair somewhere.
Maybe I'll get me a bit of 'Turkish delight' to keep me occupied. What do you reckon? ;)
:offtop I have been a member of this site many years, Angela is my sister and I told her how good this site was and how nice the people are, how wrong was I :duh I was disgusted at some of the comments left this morning to my sister's post. Members need to be aware that they know nothing about the person behind the monitor, my Sister and all our family have been through something most people will never experience, yes her use of the English language might not be up to your standard, so what :shush if you don't like it don't read it. Rant over.

chazy
Well said Chazy.
Some of the posts were quite spiteful!!! :evil:
Give my love to Angie, and tell her she is welcome on my posts anytime. :)

Hope she has a great holiday!! :tup
To be honest I saw the comments and thought they were a bit off colour but not overly spiteful, have certainly had worse aimed at me on other forums. It was somebody's sense of humour that backfired.
And just for the record both Ardath and Kevi - sorry, think I got their names right - were not in any way participating, just trying to avoid the silly conversation continuing.
Have just joined and I think this forum is really nice, with loads of good info., and friendly members.
As Chazy said, nobody knows what others have been through, so it is difficult not to hit a nerve sometimes.
Am sure that the members who started this are now feeling really upset about having got it so wrong.
Even in real life we say things that we regret later.
Anyway, hope this doesn't put Angie off coming back to the site, would love to hear which resort she finally decides upon, and her reviews upon her return.
C'mom Angie girl, after what you've been through you're much bigger than this.
Lol
:wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.