Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
That name doesn't ring any bells with me, sorry Beth.

Elaine
I thought as much as I couldnt find it on the internet.
We went on a trip one day to a few places then to a gold factory.
(probably well-known). someone said it could be a government one. al I have is a receipt which says Golden palace.
Beth when we were there in Sept most of the gold shop trips seemed to visit the gold shop on the right as you leave Bodrum towards Bitez.
Maybe posting your request on the Bitez thread may help as there are some locals posting on there who may know (or can check for you).
del949
I think they have a hq in istanbul. and I think the place was outside off Bodrum, a government thing.
Elaine, lots of the trips out of Bodrum and Gumbet incorporate a trip to the big gold centre on the main road between Gumbet and Bodrum- much closer to the Bodrum end just before you would turn left down to the dolmus station- however- i cannot remember the actual name of the place? Do you think this could be the place? Heather.
I would like to think it coul be yes. you sound like you know Turkey pretty well. if you can think of any names I would be appreciated.
thanks a lot.
Yep, I know the one you mean - isn't it just called the Bodrum Gold Centre?
I can't guarantee thats the name, but I've passed by it enough times. I've been in there once too!

Elaine
  • Edited by Elaine 2006-01-19 16:31:46
Hi. someone told me, could be called Oasis.
I have seen a picture. it does look familiar. but Would like a email address to double check.
but on the receipt says Golden Palace. why would it say that, if its not called that?
thanks.
The Oasis is the name of the shopping centre on the outskirts of Gumbet beth. Do you think thats where you might have bought your ring? Sorry I can't help you any further with names of jewellers in the Oasis centre.

Oooh its like a detective novel!

Elaine
I could be wrong, the picture just looked familiar. we went on a day/afternoon trip. we had been to a market then on the way back we stopped at a gold factory. I am sorry I am vague. it was on the way back to Gumbet.
I have done a search under Bodrum gold centre and it doesnt come up with anything.
if this oasis is in a complex it wasnt there then.
Sorry, not been on here before.
Bitez thread, is it under Turkey forums? do you mean, under Dicussions on Bitez.
Yes Beth, thats the thread I meant.The comments re the Oasis centre seem to be the one I was meaning. I know lots of coaches stopped there on the way back from trips but tend to agree with Elain about the name of the big gold shop there.
Sorry can't be of more help, look on the bright side.... another great reason to go back!
del949
S0 a bit confused. are you saying it cant be that oasis. I am not sure whether it was in a complex or not.?
I think that the shop was in a complex. Maybe not a complex as we are used to over here. At the side of the road (off the road a bit) with a large hill behind it.
The one I am thinking of would mean that after you left the gold shop , you would continue towards Bodrum for no more than 10 mins and Bodrum would be on your right hand side.
Does that fit your memories?
del949
Do you mean a complex as in a row of offices and shops alongside, but a bit set back off, the main Gumbet-Bodrum road?
If you do mean that, then thats the Bodrum Gold Centre I was talking about earlier.

Elaine
That is EXACTLY what I had in mind.
the only problem you have now is that the names don't match!
If memory serves me right one of the shops was a furniture shop and i seem to remember one shop selling cots and baby items.
del949
Hi, did you have any joy with the jeweller?
Hi Beth,

I ve just checked telephone direktory.There is one called Golden Place Karia. If ıt is the one you need the phone number is 317 1515
Hi Ozlem.
I never did anything about it. as thought it would turn up. but hasnt.
I am going to give them a ring tonight. is the code for Turkey 00 90. then that number.
do you think they will be able to help.?
do they speak english. etc.
many thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.