Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Check out our reviews for this hotel HERE

Kath HT Admin
hi everyone im new here going to costa dorada in about 9 weeks ..actually to la pineda to golden donaire beach hotel with thomsons any info you can give on location and how much things cost etc would be greatly appreciated as i thought we could upgrade to all inc but we cant :cry:
and we are a large family so any rough guide would help cheers :D
members resort reports can be found here

wizard
Ive been here a good few times and i have never noticed the pools smelling of urine :shock: The childrens pool did smell strongly of Chlorine but definately not pee.
We have just come back from the Donaire. This was our second time at this hotel and we thought it was absolutely fantastic. Food great, hotel clean, staff great and location is right on the beach. Just wish we were still there.
I used to go on family holidays to this hotel EVERY year for about 5 years when i was a child (This is before it was called the GOLDEN Donaire) and it is an amazing hotel - couldnt fault anything. It has been renovated gradually over the years so i can only imagine it is much better, as im sure it was only a 2 or 3 star when we visited and my family loved it then! (And we are very picky about hotels - hence why we stuck to one we loved every year lol)
l am thinking of booking this hotel and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is worth paying the extra £84 for a family room. Although there are only the three of us my son is almost the size of my husband and l am hoping that if we book this we will have a little more space. Or do they just put 4beds in the same size room?
im staying at golden donaire in aug .all the pics of the beach seem to have people who have bought their own sunshade umberellas are they readily available over there and how much roughly do they cost?as we r a family of 9 and renting sunbeds everyday i imagine will b very costly
we just booked 2 rooms hopefully adjoining didnt cost any extra 8)
Please do not us phone style text, eg r instead of are and b instead of be.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Does anyone know where I can find the email address for this hotel :?:
Email address for Golden Donaire Hotel is:-

donaire@goldenhotels.com
Thanks AndyH1011, I am going to try to get a sea view room, I tried asking the tour operator but they said that you can no longer request one at the time of booking, so I thought it might be worth asking the hotel directly. Hope it works! :thanks
Thanks for that email address too i always emails hotels before we go and ask them for a pool view etc and up to now 6 years later always been lucky.
Can anyone tell me if there is pool umbrellas around the pool in the donaire beach hotel ? I am a sun worshipper so its not for me for my mum,dad and 10year ol daughter,do we have to buy these ?
Can anyone tell me if theres joining rooms in the donaire beach hotel off there with my daughter and parents in 7 wks time Thanks
Still hoping that someone has been to this hotel and can tell me about the rooms. My son is only 11 so the option of having a seperate room was not an option given the extra cost involved but l do think another £84 is OK if the room is larger. Can anyone help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.