Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi gazza,

Don't know the resort or the apartments, but I think you'll find this thread interesting -

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=57890

Looks to me as if the travel company is attempting to cover itself, but who knows as to how this could affect you? They could be seriously understating the problem.

Never mind merely seeing it, there could be noise, dust and vibrations. Concrete mixers going from dawn to dusk etc.

What options are they giving you, and as a matter of interest which travel company is it?

The problem you now have it that they have told you about it, so if your holiday is ruined your chances of any successful claim are probably nil.

Hope this helps,

Peter
thank for the reply peter.
the company is first choice.
also they have had this information for a while but waited untill we paid in full before sending this letter,the letter is dated 4th april.
yet we only got this letter today.
do they have to offer an alternative as it is not as described in the brochure?
more advice please.
All I can advise is that you follow the advice as on the above link, and make it very clear to First Choice that you require an alternative hotel or a full refund, as you consider that the building works will seriously impair the enjoyment of your travel arrangements.

Asuming First Choice is in ABTA, quote their Code of Contact to them -

2.5 Where a Principal becomes aware or ought reasonable to have become aware of building works which may reasonably be considered to seriously impair the enjoyment of Travel Arrangements he must, without any undue delay, notify Clients of the situation, provide them with accurate information about the extent of the building works and offer them the opportunity to transfer to alternative Travel Arrangements of the same or higher standard, at the price of the original Travel Arrangements. Where the alternative constitutes a significant alteration to the Travel Arrangements in line with Clause 2.2 of this Code, the provisions of that clause are to be followed. Furthermore, he must ensure that all the prospective Clients are alerted to the situation.

Best of luck,

Peter
Hi Gazza

Try posting http://www.beachbulgaria.com/phorum/?f=2

Mark your post FAO kentboy. He owns a shop on the Golden Dreams complex so will be able to tell you the current situation.

By the way we stayed at the Golden Dreams last August and the apartments are lovely. Let me know if yu want any more info on them.

Hope this helps

Yvonne
thanks peter.
they have given a full refund.
no accomodation in sunny beach s/c with first choice.
  • Edited by gazza 2006-04-20 17:54:48
thanks yvonne.
but i had to cancel they had nothing else self catering and the time factor was stopping me from holding on.
thanks again.
im now searching elsewhere.
preety peeved off at the moment.
Just our luck! We've booked 3 apartments at the Golden Dreams complex for the first 2 weeks in August......now this :? Can anyone suggest how we get an up to date progress report without going through First Choice,call me suspicious if you like but they just might be a tad biased in their assesment.We're due to pay balance within the next 2 weeks.....so any help would be very appreciated.
We're booked for 2 weeks at Sunny Dreams apartments a new block being constructed , as far as I understand, oposite Golden Dreams. Completion is due early May so may be your letter applies to these. We too have received a letter regarding building work but not specified as near to our apartments but generally around the resort, understandable in an area such as this. It also explains that this work should be stopped by 1st of June. I would therefore hope that building work shouldn't cause a problem for the likes of us who will be there in August. As in the letter there will be dormant sights over the summer that will most likely still have machinery on them but not in use.
Hi Kilty,

Who knows what the situation might be in August, and how can anyone predict what will be happening then from what is happening now?

Very difficult, if it was Golden Sands I would be pretty confident that work likely to cause a nuisance will have stopped, but Sunny Beach I wouldn't hazard a guess.

I think gazza has made the correct decision under the circumstances, and don't forget that First Choice only has a small share of the market, and you may find other apartments through alternative travel companies.

Peter
Hi all, we have an apartment in Golden Dreams, and will be out there end of May, the building work is the Kamelia 2 apartments, its at the rear of the Golden Dreams on the main rd.
http://www.premier-estates.co.uk/bulgaria/kamelia2_finpix.html
When we go in May i will post more info and hopefully have some photos, Paul.
  • Edited by sprotbro 2006-04-23 15:41:13
when i spoke to the CS at first choice they said it was at the rear of the hotel but the letter states you will pass this when entering and leaving the complex.
which had me thinking how is it at the rear of the hotel.
the new building is up to erecting concrete supports stage then there may be minimum work for a further couple of weeks.
to be honest i did not believe him.
so i cancelled.
Will await sprotbro's fact finding mission in May with baited breath. Congratulations on a terrific website Paul,if First Choice apartments come anywhere near your standards we should be ok.Did telephone First Choice yesterday regarding any building work in progress.....guess what.....they had no details listed for ANY building work going on.Like i said,will hang fire till after May.Thanks again for all contributions to this site,realy is invaluble to the Bulgarian novices. :lol:
i really cant believe these people how can they say they have no details of the building work as soon as i spoke to the cs he had it on the screen in front of him.
perhaps you should ask them to put this in writing,i would bet some info pops up on his screen then.
Hi Gazza,

I believe it's called being economical with the truth, in order to avoid having their clients exercise their legal right to cancel and get their money back.

Especially since they have so a small market share in Sunny Beach that they can't offer an alternative.

Peter
Hi all, an update on the building work, as said earlier the work is at the rear of the Golden Dreams Apartments heading out of the resort, so unless you are going for a walk in the country, you will never have to go past it, the construction appears to be up to its finished height. There is no evidence of building work around you while you are around the pool, and we heard nothing from our apartment, although we are on the front of the complex. The apartments at the rear of the complex have balconies overlooking the building work, although as far as i know the apartments run right through the block and have a second balcony overlooking the pool where no work can be heard or seen. Any questions please add to the post, cheers, Paul.
Thanks for the update Paul,it sounds like any disturbances will be very minimal so we decided to pay balance of hols and made our minds up to enjoy holiday come what may.after all.....if you go on holiday looking for problems,your bound to find them.My son (15) was looking forward to making use of the go carts someone said was close to the apartments,can you say if this track is still there,or is that where the above mentioned building work is taking place? Thanks again,Gerry
Gerry I am keen to hear about the go carts also as coming over in July.

If anyone knows or sees them working let us know. My suspicion is that the land may have gone to developers.

Stuart
Hi there Gerry and Stuart, i think your suspicions may be right Stuart, we didnt see any Go cart activity, having said that it was early in the season so you never know. An alternative would be the Quad bikes which run through the sand dunes, definatelly recommended. From the Golden Dreams cross the road past the tennis courts, straight down to the beach, quads are on the right as you go onto the beach. Cheers, Paul.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.