Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Oooooooo my friends are going there next week, I've been keeping them updated on the reviews - one in today not too bad.

What were you hearing???
You will always find someone having a gripe with this company because they are cheap and affordable to use, At the end of the day they are the biggest Independant operator to Turkey whom provide more holidays to Turkey than all the rest put together, Perhaps this is why they get so many complaints, Or perhaps it's the Tour operators playing games and making nonsense false report claims in forums, Im told Goldtrail use their own Hotels in Turkey use their own Buses for the transfer and Use Onur Airlines which are a sister company to Goldtrail, And this information is taken from an extremly reliable Turkish source, At the end of the day I personally have used this company for my travel arrangements many many times and will continue to do so until such times some other well known Tour operators reduce the prices accordingly, The way I see this is that the money I spend from the holiday I purchase perhaps stays in Turkey and not into the hands of very large companies in Europe who have taken over many smaller operators in the last few years.
I'm not bothered about the company it's more the hotel I'm interested in. My friends will be on an Onur flight but it's from our local, small airport so hopefully things will be ok. I've flown once with Onur and not had any problems.
We flew ONUR and were pleasantly surprised. Both flights on time in modern Airbus A321 aircraft. No food or entertainment but we knew this before flying hence the price.
Seemed a Lot of guests were unhappy with the sister Hotels to the Litera. Most likely the old Abacus Hotels spread nearby?

Complaints ranged from standards expected to problems with rooms and food. Apparently One couple moved out within 12 hours and paid to go elsewere although other guests felt they got what they paid for.
Thanks Mustafaholiday they are booked in the Abacus complex.
I have just booked flights to go to Dalman in October with Goldrail at the bargain price of £139 return! :D Don't think I can grumble at that! I am even willing to put up with a bit of a delay for that price.
I have traveled to Marmaris by Goldtrail, their hotels/aparts are basic, you only get what you pay for! I will continue to travel with them also, as their price's suit me.

Anna.
We also have travelled and booked with Goldtrail we stayed at the Abacus last April it was fantastic food was very good drink were okay nothing to write home about but the staff and food were brilliant

Goldtrail are cheap and get what you pay for but saying that friends off ours went in May to the Green Nature hotel Marmaris which we would recommend to any one there really enjoyed it that was with Goldtrail

We stayed at Green Nature a few times now its 24 hr A/I and food and drinks are really good no complaints at all hotel is huge
Hi all

Im a travel agent in Devon and ive used Goldtrail for the last cople of years
The boss is a really nice guy and what Gold Trail do is offer CHEAP deals to Turkey

What you have to remember is that you get what you pay for

I have no connections to gold trail and will not benefit by this post but I feel its not fare to complain
about a turkey all inclusive when youve paid £300 to fly 4 and a half hours with all your food and drinks in resort

I use their flight only programme a lot (sometimes £90 return) and book my clients into a nice hotel
still a good deal but more than gold trail charge

Id also like to point out that this weekend I needed to change a complete booking (couple fell out!) and goldtrail were fantastic unlike some major oprerators taht i also use

please dont avoid goldtrail because of the negs just be aware for £300 you wont get the ritz!!!

David Gregg
David, Goldtrail have changed, Gone are the cheap holidays they have been doing for years on end, They arent to far away from T/cook and Thompson prices now, Yet they still are providing the poorest of hotel accomadation.
have to say that I wouldn't hesistate to use Goldtrail if I wanted a cheap deal to Icmeler!!!

yes, they use the more basic accom and flights in my experience, so I wouldn't expect the Ritz - nor would I expect great customer service in resort, but then again at least I'd be relieved from incessant pressure to book trips through the rep at HUGELY inflated prices

I have to say that despite them seeming to keep "holidays from hell" TV programmes going with plenty of horrendous stories, we've managed our own expectations and had a fantastic hol each time

at the prices we paid, we couldn't have had a camping hol in the UK
so long may Goldtrail continue to operate IMHO!!
To the poster above, To give other users tell them of the price you paid, Resort you went to and the hotel you used.
Goldtrail also sell these trips at the welcome meeting same day you arrive at your hotel, They dont push the trips that much because they are
looking after 10s of thousands of tourists every week they just cant force the issue with trips as they just dont have the staff to do this.
I would like to add here that gone are the real cheap deals Goldtrail have offered for years on end to Turkey, I for one last year had 5 holidays to Turkey from my local Airport in Belfast May £106, June, £103, August £166, twice in October £326 all these were self catering and the final one was All inclusive for £330, Yet this year has seen me not go to Turkey yet as prices with Goldtrail are very expensive, To me all these companys have shaken hands and kept prices as high as they possibly can, I have seen t/cook offer goldtrail/ageanflights and thomson flights many many times this season, Fact is that the competition that was in the T/ops has perhaps now gone forever.
I think the main problem is the lack of cheap flight options these days especially from the North/ North West and non 'mainstream' airports.

Accomodation in Turkey is readily available and cheap as chips if you shop around-we could get decent apartments in Icmeler for 7 nights plus a return shared shuttle transfer from Dalaman for around £50 per person but it's the flight that's the problem.

There just aren't as many flights available as there used to be and those that are available aren't cheap (example Easyjet -Manchester to Dalaman departing 25/9 for 7 days - £273 return -not exactly a 'low cost flight' as they describe it!

PS. If anyone does know of any cheap flights from the Northwest to Dalaman on 25/9 please let me know!
Scoobyclaret, Both Easyjet and aegeanflights fly from Manchester, Here's what to do to get the cheap flights, Purchase them on the first day that they are sold to the public, Btw aeagenflights are about £60 cheaper right now, Thats against the price you got quoted.
rwb, thanks for the tip. I'm sure you probably can get them cheaper if you are able to commit to buy flights on day one of sale, unfortunately not everyone is in a position to do this - I should have clarifed that I meant late bookings ie within 12 weeks of departure.

We have found flights cheaper than the Easyjet one I used as an example but unfortunately we only have limited days holidays left so have to try and get evening weekend flights which of course narrows our options even more.

We'll keep on looking though and we'll keep an eye on the Aegean flights you mention.

Cheers
Goldtrail have a full package for that date for £256 per person to Marmaris, The hotel is Adonis hotel beside Marmaris indoor Market.
Breakdown of price below.
ADULT PRICE 339.00 2 678.00
ACCOMMODATION ADJUSTMENT -10.00 2 -20.00
FUEL SUPPLEMENT 75.00 2 150.00
ATOL PROTECTION CONTRIBUTION 1.00 2 2.00
AIRLINE PASSENGER DUTY 10.00 2 20.00
RETURN TRANSFER 26.00 2 52.00
PRICE ADJUSTMENT -185.00 2 -370.00
Total £ 512.00
I have used Gold Trail on many occasions to fly to Turkey and had no problems at all, I think if you do loads of research on the internet, read up about the accommodation, look for as many photographs as possible of the intended accommodation you are going to book, ask as many questions that you need to ask on forums like this then you can't go wrong.
Maybe the problem is that people expect Turkish accommodation to be on a par with Spain where a 5* hotel is a 5* hotel where as in Turkey I expect a 5* hotel to be on a level of a 3* as the Accommodation is not as high a standard in Turkey.
I flew with Thomas Cook last year to Dalaman and all I can say is that I found that previous flights with Gold Trail a far more comfortable flight as their seats have more room than what the Thomas Cook flight had (we felt like sardines squashed into the seats.
After all this I have had issues with Gold Trail this year after booking a holiday for the 10th of August with them for two weeks in the Elif Hotel in Icmeler and paying the balance they informed me that they had pulled out of using this hotel and offered me another hotel which I did research on the net and decided I didn't like it, Travel agent (who is my daughter and said this can happen with any company not just Gold Trail) phoned them and informed them that the customer wasn't happy with their offer of hotel and that they had chosen another one in place of the Elif, Their attitude was not a problem so hotel is now booked and I can't wait to get away to my favourite place for two weeks sun and rest.
I just got home on Tuesday night from Marmaris, travelled with goldtrail and no delays again! Transfer's by different company in mini bus, first dropped off last picked up on return journey, got to airport in good time first in queue to book in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.