Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
GOLDTRAIL
24 Posts
That's awful :(

Try posting this in the Holiday Complaints section cooper10 - you're likely to get a few helpful replies in there.
why not just book new flights but use the accomodation you have booked this is what i have done. there are plenty of flights still available we got through thomas cook.
I take it this was for last summer !.Your accomodation wasnt cancelled just your flights,so it was up to you to rebook flights with someone else.You will only get refunded for your flights.The same happened to us,we didnt want to loose our accomodation so we rebooked.
Yes we were the same lost flights booked through A1Travel who used Goldtrail and we re-booked our flights and got our holiday.The sad thing is we are still waiting for our money back from A1Travel who seem incapable of communicating as to what's happening with our refund :banghead:
I didnt have time to rebook the flights as they went bust the day before I was due to fly out. I could'nt get through to Holiday Mate to see how I stood as their phone was constantly engaged. By the time I eventually got through I had already lost 2 nights of my seven night holiday
Thats why I stick to well known tour operators regardless of paying alittle more
Just rang A1Travel and have been told they have not even started to refund people.That won't start until March 2011.When they said it will take about up to a year that year starts from November 2010
I agree with the poster above. I will never book with one of these small companies again. It will be either Thomas Cook or Thomsons for me from now on
Lets hope it will open peoples eyes when next booking and not just and book with someone because its cheap
Some people don't have the luxury of spending more money because every penny counts.
A1Travel who I booked my flights with used Goldtrail.I bet not a lot of A1travels customers were aware of that fact.The problem that causes is you can't claim off your credit card company because A1travel didn't go bust and that's who the transaction was with.
But if u book flight & accommodation seperately, thats when the problems occurs .....
You often dont knpw that the flights and accomodation are separate until you get your invoice. Holiday Mate never told me this when I booked theholiday over the phone
They are having a laugh and holding on to your money for as long as they can.My daughter booked her flights direct with Goldtrail and got her refund last October.I also booked flights for last Sept with Customflights who also went bust,I booked these through travelrepublic,they were great and I got the refund through in just under 3 months.
We too booked with A1 Travel for August last year. Spoke again to A1 yesterday and she told me they hadn't refunded anyone yet and it would hopefully be before November this year! This is outrageous, has anyone tried a more effective approach?
a friend of mine was booked with goldtrail in august and got her refund friday
What Travel Agent did she use?
i think it was through co-op travel
Thats really good. Hope this means it is starting to get sorted. I did speak again to A1 Travel and she couldn't give me a timescale for refunds around my travel date, but suggested I ring again at the END of March and she could give me a better idea! SO HELPFUL and SYMPATHETIC!
my mum and dad booked with A1 last year with Kiss, i spoke to A1 a week ago and they said they will be sending the info to CAA this month for all August flights, it wont be A1 that is paying out they said once they have sent the info off to CAA it has nothing to do with them it is in the hands of CAA who pay out
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.