Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We have been in the Fjords, and have 3 children now 25,22 and 18, your 12 year old would be bored to tears in my view. This is an area really for adults, with nothing off-ship of significance to entertain kids. If it were RCI would say there would certainly be enough activity on-ship to entertain, with Celebrity definitely not!
Thanks hamrag nearly booked it today :whoops thank goodness we thought it over,think it will have to be the med
have been on Carnival great for kids,any info on NCL please ,thinking of having a few days in Barcelona or Rome pre
cruise
thanks ann
By the time we discovered cruising about 5 years ago, our two eldest were not holidaying with us although daughter has been 3 or 4 times with us. She absolutely loved Royal Caribbean (Voyager) and we believe it offers the best for young teens, which yours more or less is. NCL (Jade) looked well organised for young folks, as did P&O Ventura.

Both Barcelona ond Rome are fantastic cities, whichever you choose. There is more to do though in Barcelona that would suit an early teen than Rome. e.g. Barcelona FC Nou Camp stadium, atmosphere of Las Ramblas, the marina area and even the beaches which are very good. Also there is a theme park within a few miles of Barcelona, cannot remember the name though. Rome has none of that. The last time we were in Rome was October past and our 17 year old daughter was impressed, but even a couple of years ago at 15 she would not have enjoyed it.

Certainly there is something out there for you, just need to search and find it!
Thanks hamrag for all the info looking to cruise from Barcelona,still getting all the quotes!!!!
ann
Ann,

I would back Hamrag 100% regarding Barcelona. Our two teens had just turned 14 and 15 when we cruised from Barcelona last year. They both enjoyed Rome, but really loved Barca. Rome is great for a day, they loved the Colosseum, forum, Pantheon etc., paticularly as they had learned about them in school, and we did a little work around the dinner table at home before we left.

However, for the two day post cruise stay, Barcelona was the right place to do it.
I might just add that Celebrity Cruises offer some of the best child/ Teen Facilities afloat..they just dont make a fuss about it. All their ships feature Fun factory for early years up to 12 and a club for teens. But you have to know this, they dont mentionn it in brochures much, because whilst they know they need to cater they dont want to be 'overun with children'. They also cater for under 3's but this is only on the large ships not the expedition ships.
Hi donalk good hear from you again we are still looking for something after The Carnival Liberty was cancelled
did you re book anything for the family?
Think we may go for NCL out of Barcelona :think
ann
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.