Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Mike,

To me February is one of the best months.

My view is that the Landmark in Bangkok takes some beating (their website currently has some best price guarantee offers at the moment).

For Must Dos in Bangkok - see the sticky at the top of the forum - similarly there are some good restaurant recommendations.

Enjoy!

Peter
Going to the Landmark for the third time in December :D
I can't personally recommend a hotel in Pattaya but the Rabbit Resort would be one I would love to try. We have a recent review of it here.
Visa run Mike?
Hi Mike

We have just returned from the Rabbit and it's a lovely hotel. Mrs Deb 'Rabbit' would have to be the most wonderful hotel owner you'd ever come across. It gets fab reviews on tripadvisor.

I negotiated direct with her by email for a pool cottage.

Cheers Geri
Hi Mike, another big :tup for the Landmark from me, we have stayed there twice , the Hyatt Erawan looks excellent but I think it is a lot more expensive than the Landmark, I also like the Dusit Thani.
When in Pattaya a 'must' is the Cabbages and Condom restaurant, it's just beautiful. Set on the beach and built on a few levels of decking around mature trees and lit up with fairy lights... it was magical.
Cheers Geri
My preference would also be for the Landmark, the best of the 4 I have stayed in, and in Pattaya I recently stayed at the Royal Cliff Beach )see review) resort which i would give a miss on the basis of location alone.
Hiya Mike, was nice to meet you and Carol in Goa [wish I was still there] hope you had a nice time in Panjim. We loved the Landmark - great location and service, also good pub underneath it, called the Huntsman-an eye opener. Cheers - Mary
Goa
Hi Mary,

It was nice to meet you too, and look forward to meeting up again.

Mike
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all you tips, sounds like the Landmark is coming out tops in Bangkok, is it Central for everything?.

Someone must have stayed in a few hotels in Pattaya, come on you guys help out.

Mike
Stayed in the Marriott very central with attached shopping centre and cross road to the beach. Only stayed a few days as Pattaya was not my cup of tea.
H Mike - Landmark dead central for everything - sky train, restaurants etc . Fiona knows more than me as she has been a fair few times. Hope t o see you in Jan 09[tell myself it'll fly in] !!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, seems to be Landmark central here. I've heard some very good (first hand from friends) feedback regarding these hotels:

Shanghai Inn, Eugenia, Dream. All relatively new, small, and stylish apparently, but I personally havn't seen them, but I like to encourage a bit of variety!

My Landmark comments have always been is that it is very 'safe' but there is a degree of sterility that comes with it. Location, rooms, food, all safe and predictable. You know what you're getting!

My favourite Thai styled hotel in Bangkok (The Baan Thai) has recently closed down :(

Not a fan of Pattaya so can't help there!
Well said Sam - with all the hotels Bangkok has to offer it would be nice to see some variety - even I've spread my wings from just staying at the Marriott Resort & Spa :) . I see Le Bua has crept up to no 3 on Tripadvisor which is another option in Bangkok as are many other serviced apartments.
I stayed at the Lebua before it was the Lebua.

The architect should be SHOT for designing such dangerous balconies - ergo - one the hotels best selling points is permanently closed. However, the rooms are massive, and the location is decent.

I've never stayed at the same hotel twice in Bangkok, there are so many great ones. Otherwise I might still be staying at the Amari Boulevard, which I thought was great at the time!
I too stayed at Le Bua before it was Le Bua...indeed before it was officially open which is why I got it for $100 US for three nights B&B. The balconies were open when I stayed and were pretty scary. First hotel I stayed in was the Classic Place...even liked that one.
Stayed at the Amari in Bangkok also stayed at The River View
both good class hotels,The Dusit Resort in Pattaya was fantastic
booked through Trailfinders and had a good deal
Ann
I've stayed at the Amari in Pattaya, (as well as the Amari Watergate in BKK and Amari Coral Beach in Phuket) - it was a few years ago, but they were always of an excellent standard. Last time I was In Pattaya , 2 years ago I stayed next door to the Amari as they were building an extention to it, but that's probably finished now. I can't remember the name of the hotel I stayed in last time, but it doesn't matter as my friend tried to return there this year, and found it had been knocked down!!!
The Amari is in North Pattaya, an easy walk along the front to get to the action, but quiet enough if that's what you want.
The Sheraton in Pattaya is absolutely superb. One of the best three hotels I have ever stayed in. It's up on the hill a bit so you are out of the 'dirt and noise' of the city but it's only about 3 mins in a taxi down to Walking Street where all the bars start.
The Silom Sofitel is great value for a 5* hotel. Great location, very well placed for Silom Road, Skytrain, Patpong etc. We had a corner room with floor to ceiling windows on about the 30th floor - very spectacular views. The Dusit Resort in Pattaya is excellent, situated at the north end of the resort slightly away from the busier areas but still easily accessible. Has a great tropical setting in the lobby area, very exotic. Excellent quality - highly recommended.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.