Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
The Dusit Resort should fit the bill it's got everything you are looking for. The bhatt buses pass the gate constantly and its 5 min. to downtown or if you feel energetic it's a 20 min. stroll dowd the prom so dont let it's location put you off Alan
Yes, definitely agree about the Dusit, was there 18 months ago. Its no problem at all getting to the centre. It may be pricier than some of the others but certainly worth it.
we are booked into the Royal cliff on the basis that its child friendly, but shant be able to confirm until March next year.
This is the problem with the child hotels, they are away from the Centre (Garden Plaza) etc. I know the Baht busses are good to get to the North,but not the best with baby asleep in Pram and so on.
The Royal Cliff is nice we met friends there last year for a drink, but unfortunately it is in a really bad location in terms of access into the centre.

Still open to offers
Agree with what everyone says about the Dusit.I also loved the Areca which is more central.However it is a bit more in your face.Please see my update on the hotel review section before you make any decision.
Brendan if you have stayed in the Areca did you think the difference in cost for the Dusit was commensurate with regards to the standards. It just is a lot more than the Areca
Hello martuk,

As I said I really liked the Areca Big rooms nice big Fridge very friendly staff.You must remember the really funny extremely camp barman at the outside bar.I personally found the beds at the Areca a bit hard but loved the location on soi Diana Inn.You could walk almost anywhere.

The Dusit however is on a completely different level.It is a four star come five star hotel with everything that comes with that.The rooms at least the new ones are very nice very comfortable beds nice big TV but nothing special about the bathroom.There are two really nice pools one a lagoon type with swim up bar and one a full size one which we prefer.Very well trained staff first class service from everyone.Free daily water and newspaper.

However you do have to take into account the costs associated with that.For example if breakfast is not included in your rate and you wish to eat at the hotel it will cost 400bht per person plus tax plus service charge.Drinks at the pool are expensive by Thailand standards e.g. a fruit shake 105bht plus tax plus service.You are paying for four or five star standards.There is nw a coffee shop in the lobby but we have not used it.
The Dusit is an international standard hotel aimed at the business and family market

It is very easy to catch a baht bus from the gate at the chaba pool and as you know you can get off anywhere.However since second road became one way if you are wanting to go anywhere there you have to jump off and walk up one of the sois.Not a big problem but I got a bit tired of it.

If I was going on my own then Areca wins hands down but my other half loves the Dusit so that is why we have been back so many times.

Very nice Italian restaurant about 2 minutes away.Trattoria Toscana.

This has probably made you just as confused so please feel free to ask more questions.

By the way Airline network usually has good deals on garden view rooms.

Regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.