Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The Gran Hotel in La Cala on the Sol is a four star hotel which does all inclusive. We have never stayed here so cannot comment on quality but we met some friends who stayed and they said it was great.

It is positioned right on the beach so thats ok and La Cala has plenty going on. Taxis, buses, or car hire will get you to other areas. Type into google and the hotel will come up.
:D Hi we stayed at Puente Reale in Torrmelinos that was nice food was good and its right on the beach.
Thank you both for your replies - having looked at both the hotels mentioned, do you think either would be suitable for 2 adventurous 15yr old boys who like a bit of excitement?

Carol :wink:
In La Cala there is plenty to do and the boys would be ok. But if they want to venture further afield from La Cala then without transport you are stuck.

In Torremolinos the promenade runs into Benalmadena and would probably offer more for the lads in my opinion.

The thing is with an all-inclusive how far would you really venture anyway?
We stayed at the Beach Club Torremolinos in April.5 of us ages ranged from 9-80,reasonable amount to do considering it was the beginning of the season.There is an indoor games room, a football pitch,tennis court etc.Also organised activities such as archery,clay pigeon shooting.Short walk approx 10 minutes to train station to visit places such as Tivoli world and bus stop right outside hotel to go into town.
Thanks everyone

We'll certainly be considering these hotels - I'll let you know how we get on

Carol :wink:
There is one on the outskirts of Fuengirola called Gardenia Park. Cannot comment on quality etc but I know it is an all inclusive hotel on the beach front.
Gardenia park is dreadful, we visited relatives there and the peope staying there were really low life, tattoos, hoodies, medallions every stereotype you can think of.
Jackie

Pleased to see you don't judge people on appearences :lol:

Thanks for the info though, it's really useful :wink:
Yes stay clear of Gardenia Park if you are looking for good quality AI.

If you want to feel like you have eaten in McDonalds all week, wrestle with big hairy tattoed women to get near the food and drink from plastic glasses all the time. Have to step around drunks slumped in corridors at 11.00am in the morning. Not to mention the screaming kids running riot whilst Mum and Dad are getting p****d all day and everyday. If thats your idea of enjoyment, then its the place for you.
I think some people are being a bit unkind to Gardenia Park. :lol: As long as you have a plentiful supply of bri-nylon leisure wear and a suitably large array of football tops topped off with lots of gold-chain and sovereign rings, you should feel quite at home. Avoid at all costs if quality is on your agenda.
So its not just me then :) when I visited there was a baldy with the whole of his head tatooed. He looked like something out of a horror film. They also take spanish pensioners there, dread to think what impression they have of the Brits.
We have booked to stay at the Hotel Reina Cristina in Algeciras 4* AI for 7 days with hire car for the week for two of us for £900!!! All the reviews look great so we are looking forward to it (no kids).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.