Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
goa
Anita [been calling you John] bet Bono's are still the best
Last season's Good toilet guide is here. :D
thanks fiona will print off the most up to date ones any new info much appreciated as last years shacks will be being re-built this year :D

oap we will try bonos even if we get up north when theres not a meet dont worry about calling me john its my fault i seem to have taken over from john as the one allways on the computer and on ht every day anita :D

ps did someone take a photo of bonos toilets think i read that somwhere?
yes- an up to date guide would be good. If you don't mind I'd like to change the thread title?
thanks fiona dont mind at all perhaps you can add your experience of goan toilets to the list :D
I would if Goa hadnt been shut when we went :lol:
GOA
Anita - think Gemma33 put a photo on of Bono's toilets
thanks oap will look in the photo gallery :oops: how sad is that looking up a photo of a loo
Is this the photo you're looking for?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/001.jpg
This is Bono's before he had the floor tiled. :lol:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/DSC_0063.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/DSC_0061.jpg
Shack and restaurant owners be warned - I shall be visiting your toilets with my camera this year. :shock:
hi max thanks for the photos bonos looks great the others look ok will definately visit bonos when up north this season anita :D
Anita ive posted an excellent photo of the ladies toilet at Bono's. There are 2 gents and 2 ladies toilets, absolutely immaculate. By Goan standards ive never seen a beach shack loo like it :shock: Did you manage to find the photo I posted?
Max I thought the picture of the loo at Bono's looked a bit diffrerent and not so nice, but its obviously before the toilets were completely finished? They are so much better now.
Calamari shack the toilets are very nice in there, it is between Candolim and Sinquerim.

Mike
I'm all for good clean toilets as long as you dont start confusing them with good hygene practice. Before the toilets came on the scene a couple of years ago, one had to retreat into the back of the beach to find privacy, or head into the sea, now it's laid on for you. The trouble is, when you flush, the contents dont go anywhere, but are just left to leach into the surrounding sand, and guess what, a lot of shacks build then quite close to the back of the shack for their customers convenience, and guess what, thats just the area where the kitchen is ! In actual fact the old way was likely less of a health risk, but either would be condemned by any health standard On another thread they were discussing the likes of typhoid jabs, just make sure yours are all up to date, because all the posh loos in the world wont prevent an outbreak of something serious sometime in the future Alan
Lawrencio's (shack in Candolim) toilet was OK, just a porta loo really, 1 ladies 1 gents, they have a padlock on the door so you have to ask the shack boys for the key, so they are exclusive to the shack. They also have a shower, not sure how many other shacks have them as we only used this one.
  • Edited by Lozza07 2007-10-31 11:54:21
The trouble is, when you flush, the contents dont go anywhere, but are just left to leach into the surrounding sand,

What a load of tosh. :( An open pipe into the sand would be backing up the pipe within hours.

I know for certain, that at Bono's the toilets are connected to a septic tank. :wink:
Ganesh shack is ok, full flushing system (into a waste tank and emptied on a regular basis) you would know if they wern't connected to a tank,the stench would be most noticable.
I did ask him last year to make it a little larger, as you get the 'Grasshopper/Monarch' effect.
I agree about the flush, the toilets I mentioned earlier had a fully flushing toilet. I too believe it would be very noticeable if it wasn't connected to a tank.......... :yuck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.