Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Google Earth
29 Posts
Thanks, it looks much better now for PDLA and LC
Wow, much better. Shows up really well
:wow thanks for that i've just had a look and seen the hotels we have stayed in!

excellant! i have been waiting for the update for ages!

lou x
Yay!!! :D I can show people where we stayed now! Lanzarote has been updated too! Wow - PDLA is BIG isn't it? I knew it was big anyway, been there twice, and seen it from the plane before landing - but all those hotels... I can see our pool!
Excellent!Thanks for that.Its better than the photo of my hometown.
Thats fantastic, last time I looked there was no coverage, kids located all our favourite bars on it! Thanks for the info allmen looking forward to our hols even more now, 7 weeks to go!
At last, the new strip west of Ajede has arrived! Now I can see our new house. Only 3 more weeks and we are there...

Thanks for the heads-up allmen :)
To all fellow Google Earth Addicts ................ virtually the whole island is now covered, including Teide, Santa Cruz, P del la Cruz.
Yeh if you want to see images years out of date :? :(
Noticed that a while back too :roll: Could anyone enlighten me as to why?
Me too, had a look and Dinastia in Los Cristianos where we own is still rubble.
Our house in the UK is also at least 7 years ago.
Have just been reading about controversy over doctored pictures of Tenerife etc. on Google here:
http://www.ic-web.com/index.php?artikel=12583&kategorie=1000126&content=article_ic&language=en_EN
Interesting article but it still does not explain why when we looked at Los Cristianos, before we went on holiday 21st July, the new Dinastia and El Mirador developments they were showing as complete now they are just holes in the ground.

so upto date views WERE available THEN they were subsequently removed?????? by whom is the question
Yes,we too were looking at the new Dinastia Complex,since we're going on holiday there in late September. It was good to be able to see it (obviously complete) and the surrounding area.....all change now though....places and new bars etc.we've been to have now disappeared...????

You'll have noticed that the article says that ogle earth are saying that the "authorities" (??) in the Canaries are trying to obfuscate the extent of the development in the Canaries in recent years....???

P.S.Have been reading the comments re: the same subject, on the ex pats and owners forum started by joella.

I too, have noticed that the pictures of my house/car in the U.k.have ALWAYS been out of date, even after the updates were made on Google Earth re:those pictures of Tenerife which WERE bang up to date. ????
Hi Arona 1
That was the same link as I gave a few posts earlier today(11.05a.m.)... But thanks anyway.
Makum was just saying on the ex pats and owners forum (there were queries re:the same thing) that you could see changes that had been made to his house (August 2005) on google earth, so looks like what the news has said is right after all.
Oopppppss,

Sorry Fiona didnt see it, been on GE again and I'd say the photos of LC are about 6or7 years old
No problem :) Makum was saying his satellite dish from Aug 2005 is showing on Google Earth,so looks like the authorities ARE trying to "obfuscate".
Yip, we had our large dish fitted in the first week of Aug 2005 (In time for Big Bro final :oops: )

So its deffo been updated in Adeje area since then :wink:

Skullbuggery :?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.