Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
nice to see you enjoyed your first trip to Rhodos and hopefully you will do us the honer of a full hotel report which can be posted here

yasus
wizard
To be honest Olympic might not have had enough notice of your hotel closing early to inform you, it does happen sometimes. Still it's a nightmare when you arrive at the airport with a picture in your head of where you're staying and it's pulled away.

Glad you made the most of it and enjoyed your time on this lovely island and what sounds like a very good hotel.
Glad you had a good time, I only know these hotels from using the bars, but they both seem really nice (although its been a while since I was in the Rodos Palace and I think I said before that it was a bit 1970's then). Sounds like you had a good alternative although its annoying when they pull this when you just want to get settled in and start your holiday. I'm really glad you didn't let it put you off the island. Unfortuately the fat americans are a year-long fixture as the cruise ships arrive during winter as well, so they are always well received! The touts seem to be everywhere I go these days on hols but I know what you mean about the ones by the taxi rank.

Did you sort out the taxi transfer issue? They should refund the money if you didn't get one.
Taxi transfer issue has been emailed to Olympic along with a request for a contribution to our tea bill!!! Not holding my breath too much and to be honest we had a really fantastic time so its never going to be a big issue for us.

I would recommend Olympic as a tour operator, they did everything they could to sort out the small issues we did have. They were obviously under pressure from a lot of the other visitors and we couldnt see the point of making waves there and then.

We had a walk to the Rodos Palace, it is indeed an old fashioned hotel in comparison to the Amathus so i think we came out of it better off.

Travelzoo seem to have a lot of bargains too, worth registering for updates to save some money.

Off to do a review of the hotel now to help others.

Mick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.