Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Stayed at Govino Bay apartments Gouvia a couple of years ago. Just the area your looking for. Get a hire car and this is a good place for seeing the rest of the Island. Gouvia has some great bars and restaurants. Just off the main road with a couple of lovely bays and an old venecian port. Some relics/ruins I seem to remember.
Recomend a trip over to Paleokastritsa. Hired a little boat here and we still laugh about it now.
Back in Gouvia we went to one restaurant where the chef was known as Mr Garlic. No menus available. He would bring out fresh raw meat and fish for you to inspect and select. Once your selection was made off he went to cook you something up.We all had something different and it was superb.
If you go I would love an update on the area as I would consider same area again.
pinkladywales

Stayed at the Corfu Club Apartments at Tzavros, between Gouvia and Dassia. Avoid them if at all possible, not very nice.

Have been to corfu about 5 times. But you would have to hire a car to make the most of the island. Try www.topcars.com, found these very good and cheap.

I noticed you have enquired about Sharm el Sheikh, we are going this September. I went about 10 years ago and enjoyed it. We are looking forward to going. You should try there first before the prices start to rise.
Value for money you can 2 weeks, all inclusive with sea view, terrace and 5 star accomodation for about the same as half board 3 star in Corfu.

Also Corfu is not cheap. We stayed last September room only, it cost about £950 for 2 for 2 weeks. We ended up spending nearly £500 eating out.

If you would like to see any photo's of Corfu let me know and I can email them to you.

Regards

Steve 8)
Went to Dassia last year. It is literally down the road from Gouvia can catch the local bus to and from or even walk it if you felt you could chance the busy road. Both resorts are lovely.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.