Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
We went to Playa del Ingles last Easter, didn't think much of the resort (a bit too 'European' for us) but our hotel was lovely - Barcelo Las Margaritas and has mini golf, 5-a-side football, tennis etc and lots of other activities arranged throughout the day for all ages.
We also enjoy walking around a marina, promenade, shops, etc.
I know a lot of people on this forum will probably recommend Mogan or Taurito, which is where I plan to to stay if I go back to Gran Canaria in a couple more years.
Cyberspace....i am definitely going to recommend Taurito Princess..it is the only place we will stay now when we go to GC. It fits the bill for everything jansiddel has asked for...
Thanks very much everyone. I will definitely look at the Taurito Princess after reading so many good comments on this forum. Then its just a case of finding the most cost effective way of getting there in the Easter hols. The "package holiday" prices via the well known tour operators are ridiculous and so are most flights I have looked at if we booked independently.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good websites for charter flights/accommodation?

Thanks again in advance.
I think the Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras in Maspalomas ticks all the boxes. Lovely hotel, beach adjacent, prom, shops, restaurants, bars and the hotel mini golf is very nice.

Easter is second only to Xmas as most expensive time to go away, so flights will be expensive. Always DIY, it's the cheapest route for the Canaries. I go direct to the charter sites (XL are normally cheapest for me) and also BA who are generally reasonable.

Book hotels with the likes of alpharooms, medhotels, findrooms etc. Just a case of finding which is cheapest for a particular hotel.
Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras reviews HERE.

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.