Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Suzie
The Cervantes has been renovated since those reviews and as you come out of the train station into La Nogalera Plaza ( that's the name of the square where Torremolinos station is situated), you walk left and cross over Calle San Miguel and the Cervantes is there on your right.......a few minutes walking with cases ( at the most) and using the train from the airport really couldn't get any better than this.

I've read on another forum where a chappie keeps saying La Carihuela is a 12 month resort.....
Mmmm, I'll have to ask my friend Felix the next time I see him, why he closes his shop in November until around March time, along with others.
Most of these shops on the promenade which sell beach wear and summer clothes are really going to be doing a roaring trade from November. :roll:

If you are prepared to walk up into Montemar from the Roc Lago Rojo/Tropicana, there will be life up there in the British/Irish bars....oh and as a final comment I also saw a board giving notice of renovation outside the Tropicana hotel, as well as the hotel La Barracuda....but, what the Spanish class as renovations and what I class as renovations, are two different things.... to them, it might mean just a lick of paint.!
But, I have read a document where La Barracuda have applied for permision for general renovations and to install new solar panels dated this year ( march).

I must stress that I have no idea if or when these are taking place, but in my personal opinion, they won't have been doing renovations in August when the Spanish hit town and September is still a profitable month for them.
IMO: If they have any business sense at all, they are more likely to occur " out of season", but that is just my opinion and I could be talking a load of twaddle.

Sanji
You are only trying to worry me, aren't you Sanji?? :cry

I have booked a week in La Barracuda from 1st November.

:think :think
Dave
Thanks Sanji. Cervantes might be just the job for us. We always choose front line beach accommodation but staying in a town out of season might make a nice change and we can always walk to the Marina during the day as I don't think many bars and restaurants will be open in the evening.
We have always wanted to stay at the Plazamar but think out of season when it could be cold and windy, it might be better to go slightly inland.
tutor, hope you will have a fab time!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.