Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
According to reports the road works are still there. Please read this threadRoad works outside Bouganville hotel If you read makum110 reports you'll see the progress of the road works as the go down the hill to the Gran Tenerife.
I was there in November. Gran Tenerife is open for cars but you cannot drive up the hill . The works are as far down as the Drop Inn down near Palm Beach Club. It will take an age to re-open,

Regards,

Billyboy.
No, Its completed all down by the drop in etc. Think its virtually done, the road is re-opened...not properly all the way down but cars cn get through.
I got back from Tenerife last Tuesday and my husband and I walked down by the Gran Tinerfe a couple of times during the week we were there. The place was like a bomb site! Cars were attempting to get through but they were having great difficulty and it was bad enough for pedestrians as it was sometimes confusing where you could walk. I felt sorry for anyone who was booked into any of the apartments around there as it would have been a nightmare trying to get to them. I don't see how the work can be anywhere near completion for months.
I can confirm as of 9th Jan 2006 the Gran Tinerfe hotel front is still suffering from access restrictions. However buses can now navigate to the entrance through the normal route as one side of the road has been filled in.

Its still not pretty but it should not distract from a lovely holiday. (request a sea view)

:wink:
Manu thanks to all who replied. We don't go for quite a while yet so hopefully all will be well by the time we arrive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.