Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We have just came back from the Grand Resort, it is grander than the Grand Hotel but the Grand hotel did seem nice as well, it is set in lovely green gardens and has the bonus of being on the beach which has two water slides. The hotel does have a games room cant give you much more details about the hotel itself as we did stay in the other one. Hurghada itself was lovely you have bars near by which you could visit and their is a hard rock cafe. We went on a few trips mainly snorkling based as our two children love the water. If i can be of any other help then feel free to pm me, or go onto http://www.redseahotels.com which is the web site for the people that own the grand resort and grand hotel it has photos on it and you can find reviews.
Denise
Hi Justval
I have stayed at the Grand Resort twice and the Grand (straight across the road) four times so that says it all really. Guests can use facitilities such as pools in both hotels and eat in the a la carte restaurants in both. The hotel operates a signing system for charging to the room account.

The Grand is one of the oldest hotels in Hurghada and compared to the newer hotels less plush and glitzy. The public rooms are a bit dated and some of the bedroom a bit shabby but they are very clean and there is plenty of storage space. The hotel is not perfect but it has a charm of its own and people return year after year. There are several restaurants - three are included in half board option the Arabesque, the Oriental restaurant is our favourite.

There are attractive gardens and a large beach but no house reef. You can take a snorkelling boat from the jetty but I guess if you are a group of divers you will be chartering your own boat.

The hotel seems to absorb its guests so it never appears to be busy. The Grand Resort has more of a bustly feel to it especially in the lobby lounge.

There is plenty to keep non divers occupied. The hotel has its own Italian animation team but they are unobtrusive - there if you want them but you don't notice them if you don't want to. To give these guys credit they work really hard and the energy they put into things is amazing! Both hotels have entertainment in the evening, typically Kinder disco followed by acts such as snake charmer then Nubian dancers and some kind of show in Grand Mall. The Grand Mall is an arcade with bars/restaurants/shops/pharmacy /nightclub with a stage for entertainment. On Wednesday nights there is a Voodoo party, £6. A little bit of Ibiza in Hurghada - not to my taste but my daughter enjoyed it. There are always plenty of places to relax away form organised entertainment.

The hotel is situated near shops and restaurants and the Hard Rock Cafe - good atmosphere and cheap food is only five minutes walk away.

If you have any questions about the hotel would be happy to help. PM me if you prefer.
Regards, Caro
Thank you , those replies were very informative.
i think it is looking like a goer at the minute if we can find decent flights and a good diving school to hook up with. There are plenty there. I think there will be about 30 of us. Is the weather pretty ok at the end of November/beginning of December?. We were in Taba in December 06 and it was ok during the day (ish) but very cold at night. I know Hurghada is alot further south so i am guessing alot warmer.
Have never been to Hurghada in November but went February half term this year and it was fabulous weather - sea a bit chilly so but still coped without wetsuit on snorkle trip. Hurghada can get very windy - ideal for windsurfing.

Have you ever used http://www.wunderground.com ? This gives both weather forecasts and historical weather data
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.