Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Look forward to reading your review Caro :wink
Kath x
Welcome back Caro. Sounds like you had a great time. Who would you recommend booking with only I am looking for something for next easter time, and this sounds like it might fit the bill ?

Doe :wave
Glad you had a great time once again Caro, Doe can definately recommend this hotel its is an amazing place and everyone is so friendly the only downside is snorkeling isn't very good :tup
The website for the Red Sea Hotel group is http://www.redseaholidays.co.uk though people we spoke to there had booked through lastminute.com. There are some great bargains to be had at the moment - flights are with Monarch and 20kg luggage, flight meals, transfers and late check out rooms all included in cost.

Will try and sort out a review when I get time but any particular queries feel free to ask or pm me. In the meantime people have posted hundreds of photos on tripadvisor (am I allowed to mention that?).

As Denise says the off-beach snorkelling is non existant (such a shame) but trips can be arranged via the rep, at the hotel and even on the beach - lots of different snorkle options/prices available.
Thanks for the info both, and the pm Caro.

Not too bothered about the snorkelling familygen, but am assuming I will be able to organise a couple of days diving for my DD?

Doe :wave
Yes as caro says you can book diving and snorkeling. The hotel has a definate wow factor and ice creams to die for with their homemade cones. The grand over the road is where the beach is again a lovely hotel but the grand resort has more of the wow factor. There is even good evening entertainment.
Glad to hear you had a good holiday Caro. Here's the link for you to add your review when you have the time:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

If you have any photo's please add them to our album :tup
I have now added my review. There is also another review by a young couple, staying at the hotel at the same time, whose experience was not as positive as my own.

Regarding sickness, I did have a bit of an upset tummy one day which I think was travellers' tummy rather than over indulgence (believe me, you can tell the difference!) so called the doctor via reception within a couple of hours of its onset as I had also been bitten and required an anti-histamine jab (suffered badly from infected bites in Hurghada in March). I was given medication and was subsequently confident to undertake a boat trip the next day. My friend suffered no problems but we did speak to another couple who had had a tummy upset too. This seems quite normal for many Egyptian hotels but not of my experience of either the Grand or Grand Resort. In 12 visits to Egypt I have only had one other day of discomfort, also coincidently in the height of summer. My husband, however, suffered very severe D & V at Hilton Sharks Bay 5 years ago and has not been back to Egypt since!

If anyone has any queries regarding either the Grand Hotel or Grand Resort don't hestitate to ask or pm me.

Only just over two weeks till I go back - yippee!

Regards, Caro
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.