Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi all, seems that the grand sharm is not compleat till june.....so first one there let us know whats what....thanks...Gavin 8)
8) :yikes hi, we have booked for june at the grand sharm, hoping it will be open then, but we have heard nothing from the tour operators as of yet, so i will let you know if we hear anything from them, bebe.
Hi bebe. welcome to H/T...as far as i am aware the grand sharm hotel is new for 2006 and due to open in june, so as you will be there first don't for get to leave a review...or if you get any info before hand let us know...best wishes Gavin 8)
:cry: just heard from first choice, our holiday in the Grand Sharm hotel, has been cancelled for June 06, and they have offered us the St George, three corners as an alternative, abit disapointed, as it is not on the beach, and A/I meals, are only in one restaurant, just on my way to the travel agents to bash it out with them :evil: just thought i'd let you know ta ta for now. bebe.
oooh bebe, so sorry its not ready yet, have read the reviews on the st george and it seems quite good, so i hope you have a great time, if by chance you wander past the grand sharm let us know how its going, and give em hell for not been ready for you.....best wishes Gavin 8) ..ps hope its ready for december...
Hi I have booked to stay in this hotel in November and I emailed the holiday company a little while back enquiring when the hotel would be finished. The date I was given was Agust 2nd 2006. Hope this helps. xxx
thanks for that rash99, they have cancelled bebe's holiday in june...i hope its ready soon , as you will be there before me dont forget to let us know whats what...thanks Gavin 8)
8) Hi Gavin. sorry not to reply sooner. Well we are definately goin to St George three corners, as we were told that the Grand Sharm is still a shell.
A bit niffed as we booked a deluxe room on the beach and the St. George has standard rooms and the beach is a bus ride away, but as there are six of us goin it was a bit hard to book in somewhere else and we couldn't change our flights. Oh well this isnt goin to stop us havin a ball. Will look out for those cowboys buildin the hotel and give them hell. ps we got a good discount too.
Hi bebe.glad things are sorted and glad you were compensated, i should think so too...anyway hope you all have a great time, yes give em hell and tell them to get it finnished for december...best wishes Gavin 8)
hi all, if any of you nice people happen to hear about this new hotel or see how the build is going can you let us know please...we dont go till december,so it should be finnished by then...many thanks Gavin 8)
there 2 hotels in sharm with similar name iberotel grand sharm - and this a very good one & the other is creative grand sharm & it is like an italian village you can say
but by the way both are`nt new
have good times in sharm
Hi sharmer2006, according to airtours the grand sharm hotel is new for 2006 and is due for completion in august, if you read back what me,bebe and rash99 have posted you will find it is a new build.....so if by chance you do see it let us know how its going...best wishes Gavin 8)
hi Gavin, as you know I am going (hopefully) to the Grand sharm in November, I booked online through Panorama holidays. Two of our friends have decided to come with us, but Grand sharm is not coming up as an option for them. It is still on the property search of the web site but I keep getting an error message saying the hotel is no longer available. This has been happening for the last month at least. I just hope this is a temporary hicup and the hotel is still available. Any date this year or next is coming up with the same message....... I must admit I'm a bit concerned as to what is happening. :shock:
HI Gavin I have just recieved a reply to my email saying the hotel will not be finished in time for guest by the end of the year due to contractual difficulties what ever that means. I booked through Panorama and I must say I am really disapointed with theeir customer service or lack of it on the other hand. I have been told they will be in touch in the next 3 weeks to offer alternative accomodation. I am not best pleased to say the least. Let me know how you get on.
Hi rash99. no one from ourtravel company has been in touch, but i will have a word....watch this space....rash99 thank you so much for your info, read back what bebe has said as she has been compensated/ discount , if it turns out that you or i have to go to another hotel dont forget to give em a fight....ding ding round one :lol: , good luck keep in touch........Gavin 8)
hello bebe, i know you were booked in to the grand sharm but had to change because it is not finnished, im sure you are back now so if you are able to log on can you shed any light on this hotel....many thanks Gavin 8)
What has happened to the Grand Sharm Hotel, is it worth booking for this month. It sounds great in the brochures but I'm not sure it's ready. Can anyone help?

Px
Hi patrickj.welcome to h/t. we are booked up for december but if you read what rash99 has said it seems that the hotel will not be compeated till the end of the year,his holiday in november has been changed so i am just waiting for the tour operator to call us with the same news...ill let you all know asap.....Gavin 8)
Hi went into a different travel agents today to see if we could book this hotel,nothing doing not even after our travel date (3rd dec).the tour company know what is going on so why do they keep people hanging on for so long before they tell you :evil: ....Gavin 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.