Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Tracy,If you look on Trip Advisor review section on the Sharm forum there are loads of photos and good reviews.
I dont remember seeing any swim up rooms on the photos.
Sorry didnt read your post properly so you may have already seen the photos. :que
hi all,
off to this hotel on 25th march for two weeks of sun and relaxation. originally were booked in at the dreams beach resort, booked with on the beach but some contractual problem between otb and hotel means were going here instead. some good reviews on ta. its our 3rd visit to sharm but 1st time in march, anybody with any info about weather in march would be appreciated. ie will we need long sleeves on at night and what temps to expect in the day
thanks
tracy
Hi I just got back on Tuesday and the weather was fantastic. It was in the 30's pretty much every day I think the lowest the temp got was 28 (we had a high of 34 one day!). We had 2 quite breezy days which felt cooler but still pleasant the rest of the time no breeze and it felt very warm. Evenings were nice I had long sleeve tops on but not cardi's I thought the evenings were definitely warmer than when we were there in Novemeber. We stay in Nabq Bay which is always a little on the windy side if you are elsewhere you should be ok.
Hi Tracy :wave:
I am going to the Royal Azure in Sept so would love feedback please.
Most of the reviews on TA are very good so i hope you have a lovely holiday and look forward to hearing all about it .
Phyll :sun2
There are rooms at this hotel with private pools, which I think are the rooms you mean. As far as I can see, these rooms are only available through Thomas Cook. I priced a standard room for 3 adults in Feb 2011 - the pool rooms had a £1400 supplement so they're not cheap!
Hi all
I have just returned from this hotel and if anyone has any questions please feel free.
Phyll
Is this the one Phyll? If so would you kindly write your review:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Many thanks :tup
No Glynis it isnt, but i will write my review tomorrow :) had to go straight into work so havent had proper time yet.
Phyll
Hi Phyll,

Hope you enjoyed your holiday?

I assume if was th Royal Azure/Royal Grand Azure in Nabq Bay that you stayed at? If so, I have a few questions for you ..... if you don't mind?

Pat
Hi Phyll,

Thanks for replying ...... questions as follows:

1. Location -Have stayed in Nabq Bay twice before (Aug 06 &07), so have bit of knowledge of the area. Have looked on Google Earth and the hotel appears to be a bit of a walk or taxi ride from the La Strada Shopping Centre. Are there any bars/restaurants within the immediate vacinity of the hotel?

2. Rooms - Am considering booking a ground floor suite with pool view. Would like to be as near as possible to pool and restaurants. Can you reccommend a particular block, or even better would you happen to have a hotel map showing location of rooms, restaurants, pools etc, which you could E Mail over to me?

3. Restaurants - Are all the restaurants included in the all inclsuive package, and is bottled water freely available throughout the complex?

4. Room Service - Is room service available? I appreciate that if it is, it would be payable. Also, is the mini bar stocked, and if so, is it payable?

5. Beach Bar - Is there a beach bar, and do they serve light snacks there?

6. What time does the all inclusive finish at night?

Sorry to bombard you with all the question, and any other tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pat
Right Pat, hope i can remember all your ? !!! :)
There were no immediate bars outside the hotel,so you would need to take a taxi to the area you already know.
All the rooms were virtually outside the (17 !) pools , but i did notice there are some rooms on the driveway down to the hotel which i thought a strange place to put them.
We were in room 12001 right by a lovely small "lolling" pool.
Again all rooms are near the restaurants and the most i would say 4 mins away , if that.
The way the complex is laid out is very good cos its a circle with the restaurants all near each other.
All restaurants are free as is the bottled water, i just kept getting it throughout the day from the pool bar if i wanted more.
AI i think finished at 2 which is very generous :)
The mini bar only had water in it which suited me as ive been "stung" before if alcohol was in it.
I dont know about room service but i imagine there is if you needed it.
Afraid i dont have a map , but i would say the beach was not as good as where ive stayed before which was the Rasnosrani area, also the sea was black or red flagged everyday so not good for weak swimmers .
Thompson have there own small but excellent restaurant for the british (thank god) cos i hated the so called main one,and thought the food and service awful, but that is only my opinion ;)
The A La Carte ones were fab, especially the chinese, you are only meant to use them once each per stay but i used them every night in rotation and not once was i turned down when i booked :D
Please continue to ask anything else Pat cos i realy dont mind
Also Pat, if you book an actual suite you should get your own private pool :D check that info out when/if you book .
Thanks Phyll ....... great info, thank so much!

Don't want to sound stupid LOL! but what is a "lolling pool"?

I know what you mean about the main buffet restaurants ...... they seems to be a bit of a free for all LOL!

Aug 08 and 09 was went to Makadi Bay, and the process of booking the A La Cartes were a bit of a pain, whereby, you were expected to queue up every morning at 10am (in a long queue) to book your particular restaurant for the following evening. What is the procedure at the Royal Grand Azure?

The "lolling pool" you were located near, did it have a pool bar? Also, as ther are 17 pools, do any of them have any swim up bars?

Thanks again Phyll.

Best wishes,
Pat
Hi Pat, lolling is for someone like me who cant swim ! only comes up to your knees so you can float beautifully :)
Yes same system at the Sharm one but i never queued for more than 5 mins, i just hung around with a coffee until the Customer Relations people went to their desk, then ran at 100 mph !!!!!!!!!
There is one swim up pool bar and its huge, but it really didnt take long to get served . Personally i didnt like it but thats just me, i spend all day with and talking to people so love to get away to quiet spots :)
I would certainly recommend the hotel, it was just bigger than i expected it to be, but once you find your "niche" and the more you walk around it does get smaller cos everything is familiar.
I would say the first week was very busy (1st sept) but by the 2nd week more than half the people had gone inc the russians.
Hi Phyll,

I'm much the same as you ...... I prefer a quiet pool area, although I do prefer a pool that is deep enough to have a swim in (not that I'm a strong swimmer LOL!)

Would you happen to know the E Mail address of the hotel? Thought perhaps they may be able to forward a map of the hotel over to me.

Thankd again,
Pat
I do have it somewhere Pat so will try and find it today. My case is in my daughters place so it may take a couple of days :)
Phyll
Thanks Phyll ...... appreciate it.

Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.