Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi
I haven't heard of this card as yet and I live over here! It doesn't mean to say that it is not any good!
What is it and who told you about it? I can have a look over here and see what benefits there are or in which area it is designed for.
Regards
You are here: Home english

This is what I found on the web! Hope that this helps

http://www.greenbananaguide.com/cms/front_content.php
  • Edited by David 2009-06-30 09:15:29
    Post edited for copyright reasons, weblink inserted to replace quoted text
Apparently you have to buy this and it looks like that it stopped running at the end of 2008, check with thomonson or thomas cook,

greenbananaguide.com

This is the web address.

regards
There is a Green Banana Guide for 2009. I wasn't aware that people paid for it, but maybe so. It is meant to be offered through Thomson and Thomas Cook, and my understanding was that these operators were keen on it as a kind of inducement to get people to go to welcome meetings. Well, that's what I've been told.

It now covers a number of tourist resorts, and has offers from bars etc. Originally it was mainly Magaluf and that area, but it started in Alcudia and Pollensa and I think Cala Bona last year.
If I remember rightly the offers were for bars etc, but the best thing about it was that you could dial the number on it from a payphone and call the UK for only 3 cents per minute, cheaper than some of the pre pay cards
I sent an email to the address on their website asking if it was still running.
They said it is and they are in the process of updating their website/discount booklets, so might wait until they do that before get one, dont go away until end of September.

I noticed its says at the moment that a lot of the tour operators give the cards away for free but you can purchase one direct from the website, which is what I will have to do as doing a DIY hol.
We are just back from Majorca, Alcudia. The Thomson holiday rep gave us one at the welcome meeting. We only used it once. The guide brochure the rep gives you give a large selection of places all over Majorca mostly resturants some bars etc. You can get 10% off or a free bottle of wine with meals, money of subway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.