Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Green Golf
39 Posts
Hi kazykat :wave
try direct holidays, http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk alpha rooms, can't send any pm's
Hi Twinkey Winkey,
Thanks for the reply...we are going this coming Monday :)

Could do with some tips on places to eat if you see this message in time.....btw I'm a veggie :oops: (heard that's not so good in GC :lol: )

Also, do they still run a Jeep Safari anywhere and is it worth it?

Regards,
Neill
:wave hi neilll
Not sure about veggie stuff but i would have thought there would be a selection on most menu's, my fav restuarants are EL GAUCHO'S in PDI just behind the big church, also EL RANCHO right on the taxi rank in PDI, GRAND ITALIA on the Maspalomas bulovard just jump in a taxi and ask for EL FARO (the lighthouse) and with the lighthouse facing turn right and there are loads of bars resuarants etc just in front of the big hotel. Jeep Saffari yes there is some there and I think they got the info in the reception area of the green golf, the FARO 2 cc is just a 5/10 walk from the complex just cross the rough ground opposite and cross the road you will see it in front of you. anything else just ask, have a brill time, we go 12th Nov.
hi ielll, have a brill time, let me know how you enjoyed the GREEN GOLF and GRAN CANARIA
Hi TW,
Thanks for the tips, will let you know how we get on.

just looking at a website now that has live weather updates - It's 28.9 right now (14:20)....sounds great :-)

Regards,
Neill
Got back from GC yesterday...31 degrees over there and 10 at Luton :shock:

Would certainly recommend Cordial Green Golf. Bungalows are very clean and tidy with fridge, small hob cooker, toaster, coffee maker, plates, cutlery etc. Sofa Bed downstairs.
Upstairs - nice bedroom (twin beds - NOT double :cry: ) nice clean bathroom and shower and small sun terrace with place to hang out washing. We had a poolside bung which was nice but on the main route to bar (by Pool Tables if anyone knows the resort...) so was a little noisy but nothing to worry about. Good safe in the room that can be rented for 10 Euros per week.

Staff in general were nice and friendly, didn't rate restaurant at all and bar had very little choice of drinks. Entertainment most week nights if you like that sort of thing (we dont!!), such as Karaoke, bingo, magic shows, cabaret etc.

Would rate Faro2 quite highly for food, shopping and bars....in particular Michaelangelo Italian Restaurant I would give 10 out of 10 :)
Grand Italia on Boulevard del Faro did THE best pasta I have ever eaten (thanks Twinky Winky for the recommendation!!)

Paddy's Irish Bar on the beach at Maspalomas was very very friendly and served ice cold Guinness and Magners (both expensive on GC!!), also some good bars in Faro2.

Didn't think much of PDI (but we don't really like the busy built up areas), Yumbo CC was all counterfeit electronic goods and counterfeit Designer Labels.

Must Do:
The Jeep Safari run by Zig-Zag Tours (operate out of Holiday World on Avda. Touroperador Tui) was BRILLIANT....if you're English try and get David & Willi as your driver/cameraman....those two are a comedy double act and made a brillant day even better.

Avoid:
Yellow Submarine in Puerto de Mogan was a waste of time, 40 minutes-ish of 'underwater adventure'......the biggest thing we saw out the windows was a Spar carrier bag...........(i've heard the one on Lanzarote is better as they send out a diver to feed/attract fish). Puerto de Mogan itself though was a beautiful place though.

Loved GC and will be going back again :D

Regards,
Neill
:wave hi, Glad you enjoyed your holiday and the GREEN GOLF, and also the restuarants I told you about. If you go again and stay in the GREEN GOLF fax them a week in advance for a bungalow opposite the golf course they are the best situated ones.
Hi,
I'm off to the Green golf on 21st July can you tell me why the apartments that are opposite the golf course are in your opinion better than the rest?
I have written to them requesting one poolside! hope i haven't done the wrong thing.
thanks Ceri
:wave: Hi ceri1968. My fav place have been there so many times have lost count. the bungalows facing the golf course are in a better position they get the sun most of the day. Some of the bungalows by the pool do as well. Take a look at their web site http://www.cordialcanarias.com click on green golf and go to virtual visits there is a plan there, the bungalows i recommend are 189-193 169-172 131-141 26-37 49-54 61-66 the following numbers face the same direction but are not on the golf course, 184-188 161-164 If you pan right on the plan you can see the smaller pool and these are the numbers i would also recommend to you, 109-114 97-102. also they have some really nice pics on there as well. We always fax them 1 week before we go and they try their very best to accomodate your request. Anything else you want to know don't hesitate to ask and hope you have a fab time.
Thanks very much for replying again so quickly,as luck would have it I have already requested one of the rooms you suggested from the right hand side, i will however send them an email again about a week before we are due to leave.
It will be my 40th birthday when we are out there so can't wait to get away. It's our 4th visit to Gran Canaria, we popped our heads into this place about 5 years ago before they had refurbished it and we thought it looked great then. When it came up on a search this year we jumped at it.
thanks again.
Ceri
Just returned from a week at Green Golf.....

What can I say?, totally satisfied with our week at Cordial and not a single complaint to make.

The first evening we arrived the receptionist rang our bungalow about an hour after we had taken over the unit and asked if everything was fine and to our taste.
We commented that the bathroom light switch was a little dodgy with a wire hanging out and within 10 minutes (at Nine O' clock at night) the maintenance man arrived with toolbox and rectified the problem in a matter of minutes.
He also took away a picture in the bedroom that had the glass cracked as we were worried it might fall out of the frame and the very next day when we returned from the beach it had been replaced.

Now that is what I call damn good service!

We had asked via e mail to have a bungalow alongside the golf course and away from the pool and that was sorted for us, all in all as regards the bungalow we can have no complaints whatsoever, nice and clean and well maintained with the cleaners changing our towels five out of the seven days we were there.
Never saw a single cockroach, the place was peaceful without being too quiet, and the complex had a good feel about it.

Ok so the bar was a bit pricey and not that clever, but with the Faro just down the road there was plenty of alternatives with lots of bars in the centre.

The free bus service was just perfect, they use a 30 year old Scania Coach but what the heck, it was free and never once let us down.

Would we go back to Green Golf?......Try stopping us, already trying to book up again for a two week holiday later in the year.
If you haven't done so already it would be appreciated if you would post a review on our Hotel Reviews site.

luci :wave
can anyone tell me if there is any apartments that face the golf course that are double rooms, as on the web site it does not indicate what are one or two bed roomed apartments. as we have been allocated a double room, but not sure where abouts that they are situated on the complex.

many thanks
hi, as a green golf adict, don't think any of the 2 bed bungalows face the golf course, i have a plan here will dig it out and reply back soon.
many thanks TWINKY - WINKEY if you can recomend a quiteish double room number then i can request and hopfully get one, as my youngest has epilespy, and if her sleep pattern is disturbed by road sounds or other, this cause her to fit
http://www.cordialcanarias.com/en/cordial_green_golf_visitas_virtuales.html

hi little legs, take a look at the above, bungalow numbers 127 and 129 are opposite the restuarant, which does'nt get a lot of sun, 121 and 122 are opposite the pool which gets a bit more sun, 170 and 172 are opposite the golf course and get the sun all day, and 174 and 176 a fairly quiet and are near the end of the shallow end of the pool. Best thing is to fax them and explain the situation with your little one, fax number 0034 928 773 914 or ring them direct with your booking ref number tel 0034 928 773 949
Hope this helps and anything else you want to know, places to eat etc just ask.
have a brill time. :cheers http://www.cordialcanarias.com/en/cordial_green_golf_visitas_virtuales.html
many thanks at least now i can get some idea where these doubles are located, google earth helps aswell :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.