Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Glad to hear you have had some good luck with the soap, if you give an idea of area you live in pehapes some kind soul will bring some home for you.
The soap proved very effective for my grand sons skin.
http://www.datcasoap.com/
Try this link.
I often buy the soap in Datca and will be there in March if you can't get any before. I'll happily get some and post it to you.
JMK

I am sure lots of people who holiday in Turkey will be interested in this website. I personally like the soap they use in the Turkish bath which is available to purchase from this site.

Thanks.
Thanks for posting everyone. Joan, i am in the Bristol area. Glad to hear that the soap has been beneficial to your grandsons skin also. JMK, that is a good link, thanks for posting and for the kind offer of bringing some back in March if necessary. They have a white plain olive oil soap on the link......so i will try that in the absence of finding the green one. :)
Hi Giff
I've seen the green soap in lots of Datca shops and have bought some myself. I live in Gloucester and my sis in law lives in Bristol so you could collect it from her in Whitchurch. I don't carry much luggage so would be happy to bring a few bars for you. I'll PM my phone number and you can call me before I go on 16th March if I can help.
Thanks Briar. Just purchased a Greek one from ebay using your link. Also will be purchasing a white one from DataSoap so that i can try them both and see how they compare. :)

JMK, i have replied to your pm and thank-you for your kindness. :)
Olive oil soap is very good for skin and hair, we usually bring loads home with us and also for my neighbour who has eczema and says it really helps her too. My husband's mother and sisiters all wash their hair with it and they have beautiful long, strong hair.

I know there are lots of places in London you can get it, particularly in the Turkish areas in North London so if you ever come into London you should be able to find some there.
Does the soap have to be specifically Turkish Olive Oil soap? Marseilles is famous for its soaps as is the area of Provence, and Olive Oil soap is produced locally from local olives ................

If you think that this might help you, please let me know and I'll try to source a good one. Incidentally I believe that Occitane have an olive oil range, but I know that they'll seem far pricier compared to local Turkish products.
What a fab site, ive been after the lemon cologne for ages, we got a job lot in 2004 and are on the last few drops,,,,,, i might get some of that soap for hubby for xmas, ( thats all hes gettin) as he has dry flaky skin,,,, not a bad price at all,,,,,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.