Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Greenland
6 Posts
Hi,

Well we have been to Kangerlussuaq and Ilulissat. Was fantastic. Highly recommended for a different and spectacular travel destination. Highlights were dogsledding with local inuit (dogsledding here is not a tourist thing, its a way of life), sailing amongst the biggest icebergs I have seen (literally town sized!), visiting Rodebay - a small secluded settlement, visiting russel glacier where it was -50 and getting frostbite (ok maybe not a highlight!), and walking on the icecap.
Any questions and i'd be happy to oblige.

Ali :D
Hi Ali

I have moved your topic to the Other Destination forum. Hope this is OK.

luci :wave
No worries Luci. I had posted it in the other destinations forum before but someone had moved it to the Europe forum. Greenland is geographically part of the North American continent! Think "other destinations" suits it better!!
We did a cruise to Greenland in 04, really enjoyed the experience. I have a Greenland & a Icebergs album on webshots at
http://community.webshots.com/user/ericy102 :D
Cool pics! Will post pics and experiences when get time. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.