Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi

Sorry can't really help with your question but they could email the Hotel or telephone them. If it's the Hotel Griego Mar the email and telephone info is :

griego@marconfort.com Tel : 0034 952 38 54 55

Hope it helps

Chelle
Just a small point ,are you aware that this hotel is in Torremolinos centre and not a beach front hotel?
Hi

We stayed at the Greigo Mar a few years ago and I'm almost sure we had an ID card. :hmmm
We went in April. From what I can remember, the hotel and food were good. I do remember we had a lovely holiday with no complaints :D

Carol :wink:
am staying at the Griego mar hotel in Torremolinos with my boyfriend the first week in october. Was wondering if anyone had any pics of the hotel or any extra info both about the hotel and the surrounding areas, i.e things to do/see or to avoid, have read the reviews and they seem quite mixed.
cheers
The Griego Mar is located just off Ave Manantiales in the town centre.There are a few English/Irish bars within a 10 minute walk.as is the famous San Miguel Street and its notorious money exchange kiosks(avoid these). There are many good Spanish bars in the area of the hotel.
Some of my favourites are to be found at nearby Plaza Costa del Sol,namely Cha Chas where they sell and cook fresh seafood, and the Molino Blanco, for a drink and tapas.
The beach is a good 30 minute downhill stroll away, where there are many English and international resturants/bars.
Transport is good, the underground station is a 10-15 miute stroll away for catching the train to Malaga or Arroyo/Benalmadena and Fuengirola.
Bus service is good (make sure you get a ticket at kiosk on Plaza Cd Sol first,as many drivers dont issue on bus).If going to Benalmadena Costa,and bus for Mijas turns up first, state your getting off at hotel Triton, it goes same way but for some reason the drivers dont like to let you on if you state Benalmaden Costa?
The local market is held on Thursday morning and is a 20 minute stroll away at the recinto ferial near the water park.
Arroyo/Benalmadena market is on a Friday.Catch the train for this one,and the Tuesday market at Fuengirola and Fuengirolas Saturday morning antique/car boot sale.
There are some good seafood restuarants at Carihuela,a 45 miute stroll away.My favourite is Bar Playa a small family run business.From here you can continue walking on the prom and window shopping to get to Benalmadenas marina and sea world.
If you need any more info myself and others will be glad to help.
We have reviews HERE for this hotel.
thank you for the swift and informative replys. This was a last minute cheapy and was a bit unsure about Torremolinos because of its brash image but actually sounds ok. Another small question! does anyone know if the hotel (Griego Mar) supplies an iron or a hairdrier? thanks again
thank you for the swift and informative replys. This was a last minute cheapy and was a bit unsure about Torremolinos because of its brash image but actually sounds ok. Another small question! does anyone know if the hotel (Griego Mar) supplies an iron or a hairdrier? thanks again
Try this website for the Griego Mar

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187440-d238835-r2156917-Hotel_Griego_Mar-Torremolinos_Costa_del_Sol_Andalusia.html

Most hotels will not allow irons in the room due to them being a fire hazard. Or is it so they can charge the extortionate rates on laundry service?

Put Griego Mar into Google - loads to see there.
The hotel is OK. It isn't The Ritz but it 'does what it says on the tin'. It's handy for central Torremolinos and there is a Spanish bar directly opposite called the Cordobes that do fantastic fish meals (if you want to do Spanish that is - if not you ain't very far from McDonalds). I have photos of the hotel from when I stayed there in Feb 2004 and if someone tells me how to download them, you are more than welcome to take a look.... :)
hi were going to the greigo mar on monday for a week, has anyone been recently to give me an update on what it is like ?thanks
Does anyone know if you can hire a fridge while staying at this hotel.

wgipk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.