Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Gucek?
4 Posts
Do you mean Gocek? if so you can see it when you are travelling from dalaman to fethiye.We have been there a couple of times on a boat trip from fethiye for the market (on sundays)It has a lovely marina with some very expensive yachts.We have only looked round the harbour and the streets surrounding it.It's probably a little more upmarket than hisaronu and olu deniz but very quaint with some nice looking restaurants and boutiques rather than shops.i think it's only small.
It's a nice little resort and quite upmarket. Prices are a bit higher than the norm for Turkey in restaurants/bars. They have a lot of people coming and going what with it being a marina town. It's not somewhere I would think of staying for longer than a few days to be honest but it is quite close to the airport. I think it's the nature of it being a marina that there is plenty of people watching to be had. Perhaps cliquey a little bit maybe.

I'm staying for one night before my gulet departs in August.
Oh Gocek is beautiful. I've been there several times (even in the winter) and I would say it's quite upmarket. It's the total opposite to Hisaronu - very peaceful and quiet with a pretty marina.

I've driven to it, and gone there by boat, although I think it's nicer to drive yourself as it gives you more time to do what you want (the boat trips only stop off for a relatively short time).

There's some very nice restaurants there, and one of them which is particularly good is called the Kebab Hospital. :rofl The town itself is quite small; there's a few shops and they have a Sunday Market there, plus of course the bars/restaurants and hotels - but I don't think I'd want to spend more than 2 days there as there isn't that much to do. Nice place to visit though.

Strawberry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.