Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes it is definitely in Marmaris.
It is my sister who is going and she says she booked through first choice.
I have only found 1 review on the net this is the adddress of the page.

Edit to remove link Briar
Hi North, we stayed in the gunesi last october and it was ok......i`m guessing your sis booked with Goldtrail.Ther is a link to the hotel on there site.
The hotel is ok but i`ve stayed at better!The rooms are great and the bar/pool area is clean.staff are nice too.Its about 500 yds from the front in marmaris and right next to the Thursday market.One downside is that its slap bang next door to a mosque so expect a rude awakening at 5.30 every morning.....my kids S**T themselves first morning!!You`ve got me wishing i was going back now!!..if you need anymore infgo e me if you like.

*edit to remove email addy as it is against T&C please use PM or better still post the info here for all of us to see Briar
Thanks aj,
I'm just glad it sound ok. I'll have to tell sis that she'll have to have a couple of extra drinks each night to combat the noise from the mosque. She'll be gutted (not)
Thanks again
:D Hi Everybody!

Steph here, Going to Marmaris 21st June Staying in Marmaris Gunes Hotel, but all ive heard is horrible things about the hotel, is it really that bad?! and can someone tell me the best things to do in the Marmaris area as i havent a clue, but have heard the turkish baths are good!

thanks

Look forward to hearing from you.

Steph Jordan
Hi Steph,i`ve put a review in the reviews section,but briefly we stayed there in october last year and it wasn`t particularly good!Sorry...its right next to a mosque so expect to be woken at about 5.30 every morning.when we were there we had a hell of a thunderstorm and the restaurant got flooded and the lifts packed up for the whole week.God i really don`t want to put you off too much but its best being honest eh?If you want anymore info you can.
[i]
*Email removed as per T&C Briar
[/i]
Hi

Thanks for your promt reply, i dont mind being woken up that early, at least we'll be awake for breakfast!! :lol: by the way how much is lager(in pubs), food(restaurants) and cigarrettes(to buy in shops) over there?
I have just booked to go to Turkey and stay at the Gunes, but have read some really bad reviews.
Have contacted the travel agent and want to change to the Goldstone Hotel as the reviews are really good.
Anyone who has changed from the Gunes could you tell me if you had to pay alot more for admin etc. We are going with Goldtrail in August 2006
I have booked with Goldtrail and all the reports I have read are terrible. I am trying to change the hotel. I am going in Aug 2006.
hi, we have booked with Goldtrail for August for 2 weeks - we were offered the Gunes but choose the Leodikya for location right at the centre of thing - i've also done a lot of research into the hotels & company and what ive read is not very reassuring at all :!: basically all goldtrail accom seems to be basic but for the price paid we cant really complain - all in all the reviews i found on the gunes at holiday watchdog site make me glad i choose leodikya instead - either way if your partying all night & sunbathing all day you wont be in the hotel very much anyway - good luck and have a grwat time.
We arrived back again from Icmeler on Sunday we where told about the Gunes Hotel back of the PTT but as it was our last day did not go to see them.So can anyone help with any information on these or has anyone on this site stayed there looking for next year booking. Cheers P.S once again great holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.