Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I know that the Nizmar in Calangute has a gym. Also the Highland Beach Resort in Candolim.
Thanks Katie, I'm sure for the right price I could negociate the use of during my stay???
Kay
there is a gym right opposite candolim beach rd dont know what its like just noticed a sign
but why not just practice with your beer glass :wink:
I often feel the need to go to the gym,

So I go and have a lay down,

It soon passes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lez
Hi Kay,
You can hire a push bike from a man in Calangute Market (PM big knickers shaz - she usually hires one and will be able to give you info).
There is a Gym in the market but it's a sweat box and i doubt you'd get through the door before being harrassed by testosterone fueled men!! The Nizmar Gym is probably your best bet and there is also a very small gym at The Grand.
Hope this is helpful, GFF xx
Golden flip flop,
I thought about hiring one and did that last time i visited from a guy behind reception at my hotel but the seat was so uncomfortable and it was a bone shaker too. I had to take rest days so I could get some feeling back in my botty!!!! Do you know if they ones you suggest are any better??? Thanks I'll PM big knickers shaz too.
we bought our bikes from the bike shop in mapusa, cost about £30 each, just like english bikes!
Lauraj, this may sound daft but do you think it's worth taking the seat from mu bikw here at home out with me?? Most bikes are the same when it comes to fittings and no sore botty???
the seats on the bikes we had we pretty comfy! they were well cushioned and had the springs for suspension! but i guess that you can take you seat, i think it will be standard fitting! and then at least you know you will be comfy as the roads are pretty bumpy!!!
Thanks Lauraj, I'm looking forward to it. Can you remember the rough area in Mapusa of the bike shop? I'll be getting the bus there and riding back?!!!! :lol:
Hi Kay,
from what I remember there was a cycle shop in Mapusa on the right hand side as you head up the hill towards the council offices...
Alan
For those mad enough a new Gym is opening it's doors tomorrow in Calangute.
It's called Fitness Plus, it's really really good - I was taken by suprise when I had a look round. It's fully A/C 'd has really good equipment both cardio and weights. They have ladies and gents steamrooms, showers, a massage room, on-site doctor, fully trained instructors and are planning on doing aerobic classes.
They have a number of membership packages on offer for locals and long stayers and also offer a daily use package of RS 300/- per session- ideal for holiday makers.

GFF xx
Sounds like too much work to me when on holiday GFF!!!! :D I know they had some sort of gym at Marinha Dourada as well. Never used it mind you, nearest I got was the hairdressers next door to it! :lol:
Rs300/session that translates to lifting 10 kings :glynis :rofl
10 kings sounds definately better
Do you know the whereabouts of the gym in Calungute
Hi All Saints,

The gym is located behind Spit Fire Pub on the main road to Arpora.

Lez - why bother lifting when you can use a straw!!!, save energy and get p****d at the same time!!

GFF xxx
thanks for the tip Gff I would never of thaught of that one :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.